Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

University jobs- do they drug test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kimvia, May 21, 2010.

1. Just applied for a job at my state university (in texas) working in the library. literally an hour after I handed my application in, the boss lady emailed me asking if i could be there for an interview tomorrow morning. I really want the job, but idk if they drug test... The last time I used (smoking/eating) was friday I'm 5 foot 5, and 165 lbs, with a slooow metabolism.

Question A) how long ahead of the test do they have to notify me that I will be tested?

B) At your university, do they drug test for minimum wage jobs?

C) I've been searching on the forums for how to pass a DT, but there is soooo much conflicting info... What is a method (please include times, weight/height, how much you smoke, and what all you did) that has actually worked for you?

Thanks y'all :)

EDIT::
    Also, If i take the test and I get a positive, can I get in trouble, either with school or police?

2. Idk about texas but they definitely didn't test in my school in NY.

3. I would be very surprised if ANY university did drug testing for a campus job. It's to be expected that college students toke.

4. After 2 universities and 3 campus jobs, I have yet to be tested.

5. lol, good point :smoke:

great, thanks for the help :)

Could you tell me what state or country the universities were in?

6. I really doubt they'd drug test, it is a college after all.

7. Yeah, even in Texas I highly doubt they'd drug test for a university job. This wouldn't be Texas at Austin would it, because from what I've heard it's a surprisingly liberal city. I've heard stories of people just walking around cheefing in the open and not having any problems.

8. Unfortunately no, just a small college/prison town... very conservative. also, about 1/3 of the population works for the criminal justice system >_<

9. Nahhhh dude don't sweat it, I don't think universities can afford that shit lol

10. #10 Hindenburg, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
    First one was in Philidelphia, PA. Second one is in upstate NY. In any case, if they ask you to take a drug test you're allowed to decline. They won't give you the job, but you won't get in trouble.

11. I was worried about the same thing. I looked up my universities policies for the jobs they offered and they only drug tested jobs that required people to drive. I didnt have one of those jobs so no drug test for me. :)

12. idk about texas but the university of minnesota doesnt test.

13. Had my interview this morning, it went really well! She said as long as the paper work (W-4, etc) goes through I got the job! in all of the paper work there was no mention of drug testing at all so that plus what y'all have been saying, i'm not worried.
    Thanks for all the help guys :)

14. I have an interview at the U next week, but this is for a state job, not like a student worker job. I'm worried.

15. My university job did not Drug test me, but your school could be different. Good luck!