(United States of) AMERICANS! Do you stand behind your country?

Discussion in 'General' started by jimboob, Feb 18, 2012.

1. What I mean is are you proud to be an american? Do you feel a sense of patriotism?

I care for many of the people around me and I don't want any harm to come to them (most of them, the non-ignorant ones...) but I can't say I'm proud to be an American. In fact i'm fucking sick of America and I think our time is up.

I mean i'm from LI NY, no one here is really "FUCK YEAHHRR AMERICURRR" like everyone thinks americans are, so maybe its just me... but we're a flawed country and i'd like us to step off our soapbox before another 9/11 happens and I lose more people I care about.

And my god, we do a lot of stupid ass shit....I admire the hardworking america that was my grandpa's generation, but now I feel like we're a nation of overweight people and soccor moms and out of touch politicians and FUCKING hipsters. The you got the completley ignored minorities stuck where they are cause of a failing education system and blah blah blah...

I just want to move myself and everyone I care about to another country that doesnt deserve to get bombed to shit.

I'm a lil drunk sorry if this was a lil incoherant...

2. I am very proud to be an American.

3. stop listening to the media. there's nothing wrong with being american at all. its just a country. there are stupid fucking rednecks in england and canada too. there are gay little hipsters in germany and holland. everyone is everywhere. dont let the media brainwash you. most of the america bashers dont even know why they hate america.

4. I didn't give two shits before I learned about Ron Paul.

5. Untill EVERY FIGHTING SOLDIER. Comes home safe I will never say fuk America. Fuk America top leaders. But always gotta support our homes bro. It's ours !

6. werdd....fuck the people on top!

7. I feel a certain sense of patriotism, it's not the fanatic "Merica! FUK YEA!" type of patriotism but I believe in my country, the values it was built on, not the people who are running it, and not what this country is becoming. And yea the way this country is going is tough, but then again it's not easy to run this country, all the political bullshit, all the lies and secrets on top of hidden deals and specific interests. People say we bother too many countries around the globe, I agree, but I also understand that what happens there does matter here, and yes we may be securing oil like mad but it is a lifeline in everyday life. Alternative fuels are there but not practical nor cheap, except ethanol but if we start turning all our corn into fuel, we wont food to give to the rest of the world, and the rest of the world has oil.....so yea I love this country and what it was meant to represent, but I can't say I'm happy with the way things have been going, now that I'm older and starting to understand the rest of the world politics and even then it's just the tip of the ice.

8. Nothing will make you more apathetic to the patriotic cries of "Freedom!" than fighting hand in hand with millions of people for a cause that could, in turn save millions and millions of lives...

Fuck this country.:cool:

9. Yeah I'm proud to be an American.. but I still dislike our fucking government.

10. You can be proud of your country. It's the government that's fucked.

Love the land. Especially as a fellow Long Islander. I love it here.

11. Let's put it this way. I rather be American than be somewhere else.

12. Nope. Can't stand being stuck in this shithole. lol Ron Paul lost my support with his bigotry, so I'm pretty much done with the country. Only thing I'd try to fix here is legalizing gay-marriage because I'll probably end up stuck here forever, but without a presidential candidate to support it, it's not going to happen anytime soon. Ron Paul wants to take away the courts' ability to rule on laws concerning same-sex marriage, the rest of the candidates seem to want to make homosexuality a crime punishable by death, and Obama's an ambiguous dumbass in all that he does. I think he's sadly the only one somewhat likely to allow gay marriage to be legalized, at least with the repeal of the DOMA. Ron Paul supports the repeal of the DOMA, but he apparently doesn't believe in the 14th amendment and extending those protections in the bill of rights to homosexuals on the state level, indicating his stance on the DOMA isn't based in protecting homosexuals, but enforcing the Full Faith and Credut Clause. Because of this I've suspended my support for him unless clarification on his stance on this issue comes to my attention. I will not help elect a religious bigot into office, regardless of their economic stances. I believe protecting the rights of our citizens is our utmost priority as it was the foundation of this nation rather than economic superiority.

13. Fuck yeah! I love this country. Even if that means fighting the dickbag government trying to piss all over the constitution.

14. There won't be "America" in 100 years or less. America had a good run, but it's a dog eat dog world. We were the top dog for 250 years, that's a longass time if you consider ancient civilizations that lasted a lot less time. We're done for though.

15. Every generation has said this. In the 50s it was the beat generation. In the 60s it was the hippie generation. In the 70s it was the disco generation. 80s sucked. In the 90s it was the grungy alternative generation. Today it's the hipsters.

Society doesn't change, people change.

16. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']Nope. Can't stand being stuck in this shithole. lol Ron Paul lost my support with his bigotry, so I'm pretty much done with the country. Only thing I'd try to fix here is legalizing gay-marriage because I'll probably end up stuck here forever, but without a presidential candidate to support it, it's not going to happen anytime soon. Ron Paul wants to take away the courts' ability to rule on laws concerning same-sex marriage, the rest of the candidates seem to want to make homosexuality a crime punishable by death, and Obama's an ambiguous dumbass in all that he does. I think he's sadly the only one somewhat likely to allow gay marriage to be legalized, at least with the repeal of the DOMA. Ron Paul supports the repeal of the DOMA, but he apparently doesn't believe in the 14th amendment and extending those protections in the bill of rights to homosexuals on the state level, indicating his stance on the DOMA isn't based in protecting homosexuals, but enforcing the Full Faith and Credut Clause. Because of this I've suspended my support for him unless clarification on his stance on this issue comes to my attention. I will not help elect a religious bigot into office, regardless of their economic stances. I believe protecting the rights of our citizens is our utmost priority as it was the foundation of this nation rather than economic superiority.[/quote]

Civil union is basically being married. You get all of the financial benefits and that crap. Idk why people are so obsessed with marriage. Stupid brainwashed people get this fairytale idea about marriage.

17. I'm totally proud to be an American.

Our govt DOESN'T truly represent the people. They're the assholes. Other Than that America's actually a damn fine place to live.

Our 1st world issues are horrifying. But less so than that of most the world.

18. If it's the same thing then there shouldn't be a problem with calling it what it is, marriage. It's not about what pertains to marriage, it's just having the right the be able to, it's equality, one of the main principals this country was founded on. On a lighter note I'm against marriage in general, who cares what the world thinks or says, if you love someone then a ring, a certificate, public acknowledgment shouldn't matter, but it's just a basic right everyone should have. If glbt people wish to be miserable like the rest of us why not let them? haha jk , but seriously it's just about equality.

19. Greatest country on Earth.

/thread

20. I don't really feel a sense of patriotism. I know our government is some motherfucking gangsters and does whatever they want. There's pros and cons of living here and I don't think I'd leave if shit got bad, I'd just retreat to a very remote area.