Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

United States Navy DEP program

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by heyoitsmeyo, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Alright, Before I begin.

I do not need to comments of idiots saying "WE DONT NEED YOU IN AMERICAS NAVY IF YOU WANT TO SMOKE WEED, AMERICA!". I have just joined the united states navy and am shipping out to bootcamp June of 2016. I had already went through the entire MEPS process and have my contracts sign. MEPS process as in having to already have taken a piss test (which I had obviously passed i've been 3 months clean now). I have joined the DEP program which if you are reading this knowing what this is. I have been finding mixed reviews online about the Drug Testing during the DEP program and that it does happen, or that it doesn't happen reviews seem to be 50/50. I had attended a meeting saying that they do not drug test in the DEP anymore and only drug test before you ship out to bootcamp. Then again at bootcamp. I have been an avid pot smoker for YEARS. So I know all about timing and the half-life of THC. My question is, am i going to get randomly drug tested? In these last 6 months at home I would like to be able to smoke every now and then on the account that drinking is the bane of my existence. I would obviously stop smoking at the appropriate time before bootcamp and when my ship date is but I wanted to know if i'm good from here on out.

Thank you!

2. Mate, I'm a Navy veteran. Good for you! Congratulations on staying clean so far. I think they would test you if you had an injury or accident. Particularly if you're in a dangerous job, like on the deck of a carrier, I would be careful. If I were you, I'd check out the penalties for a positive test. I would smoke when I had a long weekend, or when nothing is going on on the ship or base. At the very least get the lay of the land before you indulge. If you want to make the Navy a career I'd seriously think about restricting my smoking to times when enough days would pass before a test is possible, like leave. Cannabis is not going anywhere and if you decide not to smoke during your career in the Navy it will be there when you get out. Best of luck. What rating are you going for? I was a corpsman. Got out in 1977. Your parents probably weren't even born then.

3. Actually they were born in the sixties I'm in the mid twenties I went in a bit late. Im not in the navy yet! I am 6 months away from shipping so I'm actually still at home waiting for 6 months until bootcamp, what I was asking is if they test in the interim? And I'm looking at a Gunners Mate

4. Sorry, mate. I thought I read carefully, but evidently not. Hope someone can help. Good luck.

5. I have more than one friend that lost what could have been a great career by tempting fate and doing drugs while in uniform.

Do you make good decisions?

Are you smart?

Do you plan for the future and have enough discipline to prevent episodes of ignorance?

Answer the above and off you go mate.

6. Bruh. DEP is a joke. They didn't test me until the last monthly meeting before I shipped out. PM me if you want

7. Yes it happens the first day pretty much when you walk off the bus after just driving through for the first time. That's when we took our piss test. This was back in 1987 so...