Unique Skateramp grow> Follow along

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by ibowl, Feb 5, 2006.

1. OK so i just switched here from Overgrow and would like to invite you to look at my first grow. IT is inside of a skateboard ramp that i have in my garage. I bought 20 seeds. 10 White widow and 10 Early Misty.

Im about a week into the grow, Heres my setup
    2-105w CFL
    2-20w tubes
    Heater (To keep the temp to 78)
    Fan

I posted some pics of the plants. They look great in my opinion. WHat do you think.
    I will continue to update this post throughout my grow.
    Hope you guys enjoy.

IB

Attached Files:

2. Now that is a sweet setup man. Very intresting growing in a ramp lol. Some stoner ingenuity, good luck.

3. nice hiding spot :D dont let the ramp slide if its bein used, or your plants will turn into mashed thc

4. Hope you didnt buy your seeds from overgrow (Heaven's Stairway), coz then there is no safe place to hide it other than to chop it. :)

5. No i bought them from somewhere else. I think i should be all good. Any one think the plants are looking good? Anyone got any feedback on how i could get some better ventalation. Right now i just open a hatch door to the room for a couple hours a day.
    I was thinking of getting 2 cpu fans to creat negative pressure and just have an intake whole? What do you think.

Thanks,
    IB

6. Update with question.
    The plants were looking a little droopy today. I dont know what it could be, anyone have any suggestions?
    Im not overwatering them or giving them too much heat.

by the way are the pics opening up larger or just staying in thumbnail?

thanks
    ib

7. Welcome...Yeah, bummer about what's going down. It is amazing how many people are panicking but I'm just bummed about loosing Cbay. Anyway, you got some great looking soil, nice and dark. Hope you are blessed with females, guess we'll see in a few months :)

Your pics open fine and as for the droop, could be underwatering or low pH. What soil are you using?

8. I used some miracle grow, about a quarter and then three quarters of another soil from a growers garden store. i then used about 30% peralite. Maybe the plants have just run out of food from the soil. I gave them a really weak dosage of all purpose fertilizer to see if anything would happen. Anyone have any ideas. Ill post pics in a few hours.

9. HIGH All, good move ibowl....best thing now is sit back and watch and hope they perk back up after that light feeding.

Edit: oh ya welcome to The City.

10. :hello: ibowl: welcome to the city!!!:wave:

they should perk back up, also is the miracle grow soil have slow release ferts in it? If so that could be a problem when using ordered seeds. I had that problem w/ some ordered seeds and had to switch to 0 nute soil(probably the best thing I done) btw everything looks great cool setup!

11. Ok quick update:

I transplanted all of them into bigger pots. Do you see how the leaves are yellow? and dieing at the bottom?

I thought that it was nitrogen deficiancy so i gave them a high ratio nitrogen furtilizer but it didnt seem to help? Anyone got any suggestions. Could it be from the small pots?

Anyway tell me what you think.

Attached Files:

12. My only advice is to go with it man, and perhaps change your pots. Although i doubt thats the prob. Any foreign substances in the soil?

edit: other than that they look GREAT. Off to a good start

13. Looks like a PH level problem. Your water for soil should be between 6.2 - 7.0

14. Ya ph is consistantly at 6.5.
    I checked them today and they seemed to have perked up a bit, so im hoping that it was just that the old pots were too small.

Does anyone know how to make a carbon scrubber? Or a good one i can buy. I am going to start to trying to set up a ventillation system.

15. See? Told ya theyd be fine. :rolleyes:

As for a scrubber...one word> E-BAY!

16. OK so a few of the plants are starting to wilt again. Does anyone know what causes this. Could it be underwatering? I gave them a bunch of water today with some weak furtilizer.
    I was also thinking that the plants that seem to be wilting are the ones that are most in the direct path of my fan. Has anyone ever noticed they plans wilting if their fan has been too powerful or too close. Would that ever cause this problem?

OK so on the healthy ones iv have started to LST them. Just on two. Tell me how i did. I am goign to gradually pull them down more and eventually do it to all the plants when then get more healthy, but i feel if i add one more thing to them it might be too much.

Attached Files:

17. OK so the plants that were doing really badly: (The first pic in the post above) have made a nice comeback (First and last pics here).

I am now LST all of the plants. ANyone have any advice? How do they look.

Also what does it mean if the leaves are more yellowish? (second to last) The plant is healthy but the leaves have a weird yellow green tint in some places.
    Hopefully ill get a comment on this one.

Attached Files:

18. Nice looking grow, sorry I can't help withthe yellowing but perhaps it could be your previous nutes. MG does seem to be the anti-christ in MJ circles, but I've used it and besides my new-found ability to glow in the dark, oh, and me chasing cars, I don't seem to have suffered any side effects :D

Nice choice of venue too - good luck with it!

Oh, just my two pennyworth's worth - while they are in veg, I don't have too many worries about really letting my plants have a good drink once a week, I really let 'em have it and they sure go green when I do - just a thought.

Cheers

19. Does anyone have any experience with reducing smell, through exhaust fans and a carbon scrubber. i have some questions about that?

my main question would be whats the best method or methods that have worked for you.
    or any method of reducing smell.

20. Hey i just FIM 3 of my plants and am not sure how i did. Check out the pic and tell me what you think, do i need to cut more off?

Also Do you see the fan leave that goes straight down on the first pic. I have a lot of those that are like that, can i cut them right below the leaves or should i leave them. Also i have fan leaves that are blocking bud sites. should i cut those?

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Attached Files: