Unique situation with a unique request...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Eyes4grandpa, Jan 12, 2016.

1. I am blind, so simplicity is the name of the game for me. Also, keep in mind, that the last time I did any weed smoking was back in the days when Columbian gold and Thai stick with the most potent and popular strains.
    Due to recent health issues, I have decided with the approval of my doctors, to go with an MJ. The problem is, I can not smoke. So, I have gone the vaporizing direction. I own a simple pen with a 510 battery setup now and am vaping co2 oils with it. Due to the limited selection available where I am, I am thinking about getting a vaporizer for the flowers, and possibly some of the other concentrates out there.
    Are there any simple to use vaporizers out there that would serve this purpose for me? Remember... It has to be simple, with no real details I have to worry about an operator every time I use it. Also, if you all would not mind, please try to use regular English terminology instead of your lingo. I am just beginning to learn it again, and it's going to take me awhile to be able to decipher any of the technical terms you may use. Thank you in advance. May God bless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 lwien, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
    The absolute best advice that I can give you right now is to head on over to FC....http://fuckcombustion.com

The reason that I strongly suggest this is due to a few things. First off, the demographic here at Grass City is fairly young and most here use strictly for recreational use. The demographic over at FC is MUCH older with many over 60 years old and there are many there with varying disabilities that they have to deal with. It's also a site that is totally dedicated to vaporizers where here at GC, vaporizer is but a very small segment of the action here. As an example, there may be only 3 to 4 posts a day in the vaporizer forum but over FC, there are hundreds. Also most members there have owned multiple vaporizer over the years and due to that, I believe that you would get more accurate information from a larger group of people than you would here.

It's a very welcoming and helpful community so I strongly urge you to go over there and pay them a visit.

Edit: To the GC mods, please forgive me for redirecting this person over to FC but considering his age and the physical limitations that he is dealing with, I felt that this was the best advice that I could give him.

3. Couldn't agree more.

4. Point taken, respected and I will check it out. Thank you very much. Do you know if I can find that forum on Tapatalk?

bottom line is ... herbal healing is the best option.

5. You're welcome but I have no idea if you can find FC on Tapatalk.

Best of luck to ya and if ya make it over there, I'll hit ya with a hearty welcome.

6. I cannot find it in Tapatalk. Being blind, I have no way of separating the link you so thoughtfully provided, to click on it. If I could impose on you for one more thing, I would appreciate it. Could you please make a post with just the link in it. Nothing else, just the link. Thank you in advance. God bless.

7. Thank you sir! Duly appreciated.

8. Well... That was a great idea. Unfortunately, I cannot do the cats out if they want me to do. I can't see the image. So... Maybe someone else has an idea for me. Thank you again, for that link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

9. #10 lwien, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
    I'll talk to sites owner to see if we can somehow circumvent this. Stay tuned.

10. #11 lwien, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
    So I just talked with the sites owner. This is what he said:

"Hey Iwien,Thanks for reaching out. That's troubling to hear as I was under the impression that the captcha we use provided accessibility for visually impaired users using screen readers. It's great of you to help him out.We can create the account for him. I'll use the "eyesforgrandpa" username and a temporary password. Just need an email."

So............PM me with your email address and I'll forward it to him. He'll email you with a temporary password and you can use the same username as you are using here. You can also change your password once you get logged in..

Hope this works out for ya.....

11. Wow! Thank you for going above and beyond, man. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to PM you. I've been trying to find the link to send a message, but it is avoiding me. Better yet... here's an old email address that I could still access, and is never used for anything else anymore:

meoldfart@gmail.com

12. #13 lwien, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
    No problem. I'll forward it right away. Let me know how it goes.

13. #14 Dynalowrider, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
    Good on you, Iwien. Done like a true "FCer". Glad to say you are a member of our "FC" family. Doc "Dynalowrider" Holliday

14. Nothing but love in this thread. I respect that. Let us know how it goes grandpa.