Unique Question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MastahDreads, Jun 13, 2013.

1. There is a dollar general down the road about a mile from my house they sell dollar general brand light bulbs they are bedroom light bulbs. 2700k 75 watt. I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about. Are they good for a single indoor plant.

2. Check the packaging for actual watts, they might only be about 13w but yes, those lights would be fine with enough of them for a single plant. I haven't grown with small cfl's so not sure how many you'd need but get as many as you can fit in your grow space to maximze your yield  :) Also 2700k is the optimal spectrum for flowering, try and get some 6400k bulbs for vege if you can, but in a jam the 2700k's will grow a plant.

Good luck and let us know how you get on mate.

3. #3 Inked, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    I'd check the actual wattage of those. I think I looked at them and they're below 20 watts. You'll need at least the 23 watt ones. 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower.
    The best place I found was Walmart. They had 6 packs of the 23 watt for under $10.
    So for $20 you'll have bulbs for veg and flower.

Sorry for the double info.... Some reason it doesn't update as fast on my phone.

4. Thank you for responding. The box doesn't say anything about actual wattage. Here are some pictures. This will be my grow log on a seed i germed yesterday.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

5. Making new topic on grow

6. Those are incandescent from the look of those Pics.

Especially the 1.4 years lifespan.

7. The bulbs.

Attached Files:

8. The only lamp so far.

Attached Files:

9. Seed is showing tap root when should i put it in the soil?

Attached Files:

10. Yup, incandescent bulbs.

Worthless for growing.

11. Well they have a wide variety of.bulbs. It's the only store like it for miles. They have probably about 15 to 20 different lights. Are halogen lights good? I'm just going to put the plant outside until I get proper lighting.

12. Are cfl bulbs the windy energy saving bulbs?

13. Very useful. Thank you CL4P. I'm going to have to go to the dollar general with a 10 and 2 boxes of cfl 4 pack 6500k and 2700k.

14. UPDATE*** I'll post pictures when it pops.

15. Dlft nice to see you joined this thread. I'm going to close the other one. I'm going to have to try and by a few of those 45 watts. That'd be nice.

16. Ya that link was for 5 of them total price $22.00 and free shipping

17. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004L75BGQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_25?qid=1371138088&sr=8-25&pi=SL75 for 30 you can get 2 105 watt equivalent to 400 watts. The company that makes them also makes other stuff useful for growing.

18. Just their lights are useful though.