Unhappy Jack's Cleaner

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SupraSPL, May 12, 2010.

1. We need all the info on your grow including:

*medium: homemade soil mix:
    Peat
    Diatomaceous Earth
    Dolomite Lime
    Organic Wettting Agent
    Some Fox Farm Ocean Forest was mixed in 6 months ago

*Indoors

*What strain? Jack's Cleaner, Puna Budder, Qleaner, Thai Skunk

*How old are the plants? Hanging out in Veg ~8 weeks from clone

*What type of lights and how many watts? 20 watt LED

*How far from the lights? ~6-8 inches

*What is your watering frequency and source of water? R/O water once every 4-5 days

*What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Age Old Grow 12-6-6 at 1/2 of minimum strength, every watering.

*What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? ~6.5

*What are the temps and humidity in the room? 70-75f 45% RH

*What size pots? 120mmX120mm, about 1/3gallon?

*Any bugs? Look real close. Have a few soil mites, I think they are Hypoaspis Miles, a beneficial predator mite. Have had them for 18 months, never any problems before so I can't blame them.

*Any other pertinent info? I'm reusing soil by re-adding a dash of dolomite lime after each cycle. I try to get clones/seedlings established in fresh soil before introducing them to the reused soil.

*What is the problem?

The problem is showing up during veg. In some of the girls growth is stunted and there is chlorosis and even rust spots. I found that if I decrease the brightness of the light the problem decreases and new growth looks a bit better, but the problem still persists overall. I recall seeing one leaf where the part that was in the light was suffering chlorosis but the part of the very same leaf that was shaded was still green. I have been making sure there is plenty of runoff and using R/O with just a touch of veg ferts mixed in.

*Too much dolomite lime? (ph seems OK so I don't think so, but I can't rule it out yet. I wil dilute the hopper with some peat if this turns out to be the case)
    *Salts or excess ferts hiding in soil and diatomaceous earth? (I have been making sure there is plenty of runoff and problem persists. Plants are given plain R/O before harvest. Runoff is pretty clear)
    *Harmful buildup from 250ppm sweet spring water addition? (Stopped using it and problem persists, but never had a problem in 18 months of using it until now)
    *Compaction/suffocation in root zone? (Checked roots they look healthy, plants drain and dry in 3-5 days)
    *Liquid organic ferts getting old? (Bought them 18 months ago, itsa possibility)
    *Nitrogen deficiency, just needs more ferts? (I kind of doubt this because a Qleaner, Thai Skunk and Puna Budder are doing just fine in the same conditions and getting the same amount, although they are slightly older clones)

I'm thinking of ordering the Blue Mountain Organic liquid ferts even though I have tons of Age Old left. I read that BMO were decent for a liquid organic option. I have been using Age Old Organics with good success up until now.

Attached Files: