Unhappy Experience

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by NahawaDoumbia, Jul 20, 2011.

1. #1 NahawaDoumbia, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
    So im a new member and i made my first thread on this site a day ago. I made a thread and in it i asked how to speak to a doctor and to make sure he/she properly wrote down all of my symptoms so that i can take it to a MMP clinic. This thread had NOTHING to do with if i qualify for a card or not, nor did i ask anywhere in the thread if i had a qualifying condition, INFACT i made my words VERY clear and yet a moderator came in and told me i need to goto the "do you qualify" section and locked my thread. because of this moderator i was unable to get the help that i needed (i still had alot of questions) and if that didn't frustrate me enough than the fact that its as if he didn't even bother to read ANYTHING that i wrote..whats the point of having moderators if they are going to lock all the wrong threads??.

so all in all id say it was a pretty poor experience and sad that there are a lot of great people on here willing to help but the mods seem to make that an impossible feat.

2. Sorry to hear that you feel your experience here has been pretty poor so far. Reading the forum rules, and other stickies located at the top of the forum that you plan to participate in, can help improve your experience. ;)

Did you consider the possibility that you can get the help that you are looking for, in the "do you qualify" thread?

There's a reason that there are threads like the "do you qualify" thread 'stuck' at the top of every section of the forum. :smoke:

If you have an issue with a Moderators actions, you need to discuss it with the forum administrator, RMJL. Discussing moderators actions on the open forum is against the rules.

3. That sucks yeh mods do get it wrong sometimes usually there cool but they do lock the wrong threads. every now and then, i suggest you get the mods name and talk to RMJL she makes most of the stickies so if you go on them you can find her profile.

But be patent with the reply because she's very busy.

4. Your thread was closed and you were asked very nicely to see the do you qualify thread.
    This im sure was done by wildwll as a attempt to keep the boards claen of to many threads started for the same questions.. So have you looked at that thread yet>?

I see you havent posted there..

5. I'm sorry you had an "unhappy experience" but you're not unable to get the help you needed because of this 'incident'.

You really will get more help where you were directed at this time because the people who can indeed help you are the ones that kind of 'sit' on that thread waiting to help people.

However, there will be some changes in the MMJ forum, expansion of sorts possibly. :)

6. #6 NahawaDoumbia, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
    yes i looked in the do you qualify thread..i knew i would not need to because i knew nothing in there would have anything to do with what i was actually talking about and sure enough there wasn't anything of use..i mean why would i go to a do you qualify thread if i know from talking to the people at the mm clinic that i have a condition that is going to get me a mmc...i think if he wanted to be a proper moderator then when he decided to close my thread he should of posted a link to another topic just like mine so i could see what people said in there, and if there was anything of use in the do you qualify thread than he should of posted a link to the exact page number, i scrolled through about 10 pages in the do you qualify and it was people asking if they had a qualifying condition and not how to get a doctor to properly write down all that they were saying..

In response to RMJL: ty for this , that makes alot of sense i guess i just wish he would of said something to that effect as well.i guess in my mind 1 reason why i didn't post this in there is because i didn't want to derail the thread. the mod had told me that there are many topics on the same page that are just like mine and that is why he closed it...funny thing is, i couldn't find a single thread that had the exact topic as mine which is why i made it

In response to doinYODA and skunky monkey and natty1: thank you for you're kind words and helpful comments

7. Dude, it was clearly a misunderstanding on whoever did that's part. You dont need to act like he is less than qualified to be a mod because he made a mistake.

8. if he made a mistake and re opened my page there would not be an issue but because of him doing that and not bothering to re open the thread i couldn't get the help i needed. i would think if you had a mod close your thread, claiming there is a dozen others like the one you made and didn't actually post a single link to one so you could get some help you would be a little frustrated too. fyi i made this thread only after asking him 2 days ago to re-open it because there was nothing of help in the do you qualify thread and him not responding. mistakes are one thing but not correcting them when you have a chance to is another

9. In all honesty I think mods are quick to jump the gun and lock threads sometimes.. The best thing to do is just PM them and try to work it out like that.

10. Solution, just ask another mod, if it indeed was closed by mistake, we can fix that, and i just did

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/863724-help-medical-marijuana-card.html

11. Its what we are here for!!!

FYI, im on here every weekday from 8:30-5:30 (not from 12-1, lunch break) while im at my office doing "work" if you need anything lol

12. Very well done, Darth Sirsog!!! :)

13. #14 mushroomsatsuji, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    He can't be darth Sirsog. Quite obviously Sj is the Sith master and you are the apprentice. There is never any more, or any less. If anything he's one of the storm troopers.

Gawl!

14. and then there is me....:p

15. #16 SIRSOG, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No no sj is the dark force, he holds the world together. Rmjl is the empress, the closest connection to the dark force and conveyor of commands to us mods who are apprentices labeled as darths....... I became darth sirsog when I became a mod, rummy knows this :)

16. You cant have more than one apprentice. Did you even WATCH the movies?

17. Rummy GRANTED me the Darth, you really have no say lol

I am, Darth Sirsog, regardless of what george lucas thought

18. Dont make me nerd rage!!! lol

19. I, for one, would much rather have a budslinger around than a darth anyone. :D :smoke: