Unemployment

Discussion in 'General' started by CaptainCupcake, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Ahh that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Not being able to drive or travel would deffinetly make it hard to volunteer.

But even if the job you're volunteering for isn't related to being a hair stylist, it will still help.

I volunteerd at a food pantry/soup kitchen. I worked in banking then. The food pantry had nothing to do with Banking, but in my interview my interviewer/later boss mentioned my volunteer service. And after I got my job a couple months she asked about my volunteering again. I'm sure that didn't get me the job, but I'm sure it didn't hurt and my boss seemed to like it.

Also I kow a girl who's a hair stylist and she goes and volunteers at the old folks home cutting old peoples hair once a month. If you're a hair stylist you could do something like that. Lots of those old people have kids, grandkids, you cut some hair maybe the word gets around and it helps you get a job. Maybe not.

Not trying to press you into volunteering. It's nonpaid, sometimes people you volunteer for treat you like crap intead of being greatful. But it can be beneficial, and if youre going crazy in your house itll help you get out and get away for awhile.

2. the mothafuckin truth

3. i definitely know what you mean. i lost my little job that i did have about a month ago and i always helped my parents when i could and paid my bills that i had with the little money i made and now i just feel...like a bum. its horrible.

4. I feel the same fucking way.

fuck money.

5. Why be employed when you can live the good life of being high so often the world just becomes a big LOL!

6. The solution is extremely obvious..... Crime pays. Feeel free to PM on further detailed advice and oh ya tell your friends lol!

7. Its sucks, i was unemployed for 6 months

8. #28 AbydeBySolace, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    A city park that apparantly charges yearly memberships now to play on the sports complexes.

Guess its just the city coping with budget problems.

But 10$ to keep a very nice park open,its worth it.

9. i worked 5 years straight, and now i'm unemplyed because of getting laid off. fuck no, im not pissed i cant contribute. because they are contributing to me, pogey ftw