UnEmployment :/

Discussion in 'General' started by BongManManMan, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Guys, It kinda looks like my job picked up and left me. If I didn't quite or get fired and one day the place I work was just closed all of a sudden could I collect unemployment till I find another job??

2. Its worth a shot at the very least

3. I'm pretty sure you'd be eligible for unemployment, brah.
    I'd call your local office, quick like a bunny.

4. if you've held a job for 6 months you're eligible for unemployment... its way easy to get, give it a go

5. #5 BongManManMan, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
    Ok, I worked there for 8 months. Guy who just owned the place dove in head first and was drowning. So he sells the place to some Arabs. They shut us out and the only thing I could make out of what he said was something about holding open interviews on Monday. Im so confused. I've held a job everyday of my life since I was 16, now with in the span of a day I find out. The owners (good friends) sold out, and the place is closed.

Im kinda trippin rite now. My friend said the company you work for has to O.K. your unemployment so I guess untill they open again and either give me A job or fire me im SOL.

*edit*
    Shit with in the few minutes I was there I had to turn down 5 costumers and a beer order. Nobody knew anything.

6. Pretty sure its against the law to fire multiple people or close down an entire buisness, with no notice, same with firing someone without reason, you have to give them multiple week/months notice.

If I were you, I would talk to a lawyer as you could get a large settlement, and advice would be free, in the meantime try and contact the old owners, and the new owners, and talk to unemployment and start signing on, whilst doing that also begin looking for new job offers, encase shit hits the fan.

7. Definitely man. Unemployment is so much easier to get than they make it seem. But that's a legitimate reason.