Unemployed college students check-in......

Discussion in 'General' started by noseknows36, Jun 15, 2011.

1. I'm so frustrated with being broke and constantly applying/looking for jobs everywhere with no success. I've got in on some interviews but as soon as they hear that I'm only gonna be able to work for the summer, it's like an instant "yeah.....we'll get back to you". It's damn near impossible getting a job for the summer.

Being broke and jobless sucks :(.

2. You to?!!! & I live in MD as well its a hard knock life out here!

3. MD baby! yeah im in the same boat as you and it really does suck..im pretty sure i have a job set in the middle of july but thats still a while away

4. yeah dude, i hate MD lol. I joined the Forces so im not worried about it anymore but cant you just NOT tell them its only for the summer?

5. stop trying to get real jobs and work in a pizza place

6. Maryland represent!!! lol.

But yeah, I'm never the one bringing up the fact that I only want to stay for the next 2 months, it's just that it's almost guaranteed that one of the questions is gonna be "are you looking for a seasonal job or a long term position?" I've just figured I'm not gonna lie and tell them I'll be there for the long haul and then 2 months later just be like "yea.....about that long term stuff I said earlier....." lol. But yea, at this point I'm probably just gonna take that route because I seriously need the bread.

7. I would just say i found a better job...How can they counter that?

8. Yea true that. Nothing they can really do in that spot

9. Reppin from PA. I got a job at outback. They said YOU HAVE THE JOB. Then they presented me with 55 items on the menu which I need to have all ingrediants memorized and abreviations memorized. Tested me and I failed, they told me I have one more chance to pass or I dont have a job anymore, fuck this.

10. I'm in college also, and have had no problem finding a summer job...Have you tried contacting your school and seeing if they have a career services section. They helped me find a summer job in the IT field...but, if no one in the area is hiring for summer jobs, then that won't do you much good

11. Just say you're looking for a full time job, get hired, work for the summer and then quit, they can't do shit about that. Just don't tell them you're leaving until the end of summer.

12. From my experience the easiest way to go about getting a job while in college is to do well in a class related to your major and ask a professor if he needs a research/lab assistant. If he doesn't, he probably knows someone who does, and will try to hook you up.

13. Dude, im posting this from my phone while walking to my local pizza palace to see if they can use any work lol

14. What did they say?

15. I never bring up the fact that I will only be there for the summer..

I kno its kind of a dick move but you have to look out for yourself man

16. Pizza palace isn't looking for work. I'm gonna head over to domino's, pizza hut, ledo's and papa john's tomorrow. I'm taking your advice to heart man haha. Pizza making is in my future, I can feel it

17. if u guys are still havin a hard time id try to find a temp agency around you

a lot of the jobs suck but its good money and maybe youll be lucky like me and find an employer who'll give you work on every break

18. I dont know where you can find a job, but I know where you can make some money.

19. Restaurants, my friend.

Never had a problem finding a job, never been drug tested. +tips

20. That's da truth. Restaurants are where it's at, especially if you can get on as a server. About that time for me again. :mad: