Underwater Drugs

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by h i g h, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Does anyone think that there might be psychoactive plants growing in the ocean just like there are on land. i mean, we know relatively nothing about some of the stuff that goes on in there. this could explain why dolphins are so smart and can use telepathy and shit, just like we could.

2. Thats an excellent thought man. Got my wheels turning

3. If i was rich id fund an underwater expedition to find them :D

4. probably. lol <3

5. Hell yeah! I wouldn't be suprised,The Oceans and Seas are fuGGing huge:eek:
    No tellin what crazy life is going on down there,What if there was an underwater city down there the whole time!? 0:

6. dude.

atlantis.

7. [quote name='"Broses"']

dude.

atlantis.[/quote]

Didnt they have super advanced technology but was wiped out?
    That could be like us

8. I bet we suck compared to them as a species or whatever.

9. every time i scroll past this thread i think sea weed

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-5ljZnHtg]SpongeBong HempPants All episodes Full - YouTube[/ame]

11. #11 Carl Weathers, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    Yes, absolutely. A huge number of biologically active molecules are derived from marine organisms. So much so that an entire research group in my department are devoted to extractions from sponges. Sponges are rich in structurally diverse marine alkaloids, and I would not doubt for a second that a host of them have psychoactive effects in humans... and so much to be discovered.

In fact, here is an example of a psychoactive with marine origin:
    Xenovulene A, a high affinity GABA agonist (benzodiazepine-like activity) - derived from marine bacterial colony

12. This thread is a definetily a mind blower!

13. I would say it's very possible. There are already types of "chemicals" in the ocean that are good for our bodies. I know there is this one type of fish, I forget what it's called, but there is a fluid that it puts out that helps your skin defend against the Sun and sunburn in tropical areas.

14. This is awesome. There could be underwater cannabinoids stronger than THC and safe.

15. I'd be surprised if tjerebwere not psychoactive drugs in the sea. The only difference between sea life and land life is one is under water.

16. Caulerpa species "Peppery seaweed" are known to contain psychoactive substances such as caulerpin, caulerpicin and caulerpenyne.
    Some of these are mild and caulerpin even has root growth stimulant properties.

17. Woah man. Woah...

18. The Aliens put their alien StingRay fish in Earth,which contains a super chemical in its liver thats SUPERgreat for the Human Brain,Coincidence!? I think not!

And thats just a speck of sand in the sand-box,think what else is down there that is Godly to the Human body but difficult to obtain.

Im kinda amped to go check out undiscovered "wonders";) Underwater:D

19. Sky Drugs......What if!?,3 planes on Earth,Water,Land and The Sky....:D

20. This trips me out man, what if eating that liver were the cure to Diabetes or something