Understanding nutes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bassin253, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Ok so I'm a newbie but I have been giving my plants fox farms nutes. Reading on the chart I have been following I add nutes to a gallon of water like it says, today I noticed that the ppm has different levels but the amounts stay the same. So my question is how does the ppm go up and down if I'm adding the exact same amounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Hi yr ph can effect ppm i think... im nit a scientist lol and only just learning about ppm etc mayself but i av defo red that ph can effect. Hope this helps . Gud luck love xxx

3. Ph does not effect ppm. The different nutrients have different amounts of things in them so if your basing thus off more then 1 nutrient bottle of course it's different If you're talking about the same nutrient maybe it's your water source. It can fluctuate some or if you don't use exactly the same amount of water and exactly the same amount of nutrients, which would be very hard doing using measuring spoons and such. Any little difference in your measurements even your eye might not see will change the ppms

4. How big a difference are you seeing?