Underneath Everything

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by YEM, Jan 17, 2010.

1. #1 YEM, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
    Who is beneath our thoughts? Who is beneath our emotions? Who is beneath who I am? Who is beneath who is who? Who is beneath music, expression? Who sends all these packets of information through us? What is beneath everything is the same thing for every object you apply it to. What is beneath me is beneath you to. What appears above of what is beneath is seemingly different, yet only variations of the same, encompassing all the forms that can be seen.

Who is looking through your eyes today?

What more can I add without taking something away?
    What more can I subtract without giving something to?
    Is there such a thing as absolute subtraction or addition?
    Can things even by added or subtracted, or is everything empty and whole as is?

2. You blow my mind away...

3. you are, and yes

4. Although it's hard to conceptualize, I'd say "your brain" is the answer to most of your questions. Though, like I said, it's a hard concept.

5. #5 YEM, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
    "Your brain" seems to not be as 'solid' as you'd like to think.

I don't believe our brain is the creator of this all, but rather more like an antenna that can tune into different frequencies resolving in different thoughts and ideas to become present.

Read The Holographic Universe by Michael Tabot if you'd like to take a peek.

Talks a lot about it. Our brain isn't the source of everything that we'd like to think it is, that it too has its higher source. Nothing can stand alone, and "your brain" never truly held any responsibility for your thoughts and feelings. We are living energy fields conducted all from the same place. There is no you or me, because we are all one, made from the same source of the same thing, energy. We each hold a unique relationship with the whole, and it can be said that we are essentially not just parts of the whole, but the whole itself. That there truly is no separation between you and I, that we are both seeping out of this infinite source at once. There is only one, and beneath us all remains the connection to this one. That all our emotions, thoughts, ideas, truths, loves, etc all link back to this one place. That this moment is not mine, but all of ours.

6. I agree that we're all creations of energy. But saying that this makes us all "one" doesn't necessarily follow. Diamonds and coal are bothbmade of carbon but they're damn different.

7. #7 YEM, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010

I'm not saying they're not. There is no one frame of reference, no finity except to view the entire process as One Thing, One Entity, One Universe, One God, or Tao. And that is what I am talking about here, the symbiotic relationship between the entire process and us. Our effects on it and its effects on us.

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
    The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
    The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth.
    The named is the mother of ten thousand things.

Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
    Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations.
    These two spring from the same source but differ in name;
    this appears as darkness.
    Darkness within darkness.
    The gate to all mystery.

8. Sometimes, when I'm driving my car, I mistake the car for who I am.

Out on the road, each car is someone. Or at least it represents someone inside.

I look at the car, and I see the driver driving it from the inside.

And I wonder if my body is like the car. Who's driving the driver?

And it all sort of ... cascades.... like two mirrors placed facing each other... reflecting the empty space between them for eternity.

9. No white prints?

10. Thank you for your clarification. I always love ontological discussions. Very interesting poem as well.

11. This sounds a lot like some Collective Consciousness, and even more so, some Collective Unconsciousness stuff if you ask me.
    I'm sure you've read up on the subject, if not, I suggest you do.

I'm trying to formulate a valid thesis to present to you, but I will present you with this as I formulate said thesis.

12. Lol...

Yeah... I've been suspected of being gay many times...

13. lol what GG? You're crazy in a good way -- Not afraid

I've also looked at cars driving next to me and placed myself in their position, and viewed the road from their behalf looking on at me, viewing me. It's all reflective and a matter of the observing position. But we've already talk about that. Strip away my ego, my personality, and things I've learned along the way, and we're the same -- the life spirit...consciousness. Granted we have brains that filter information differently allowing for some to be more musically inclined, artistically inclined, mathematically inclined...but it doesn't matter. The life force behind those filters is the same, and I believe so for animals as well....for all there is. It's a matter of allowable filtered information and how much your vessel can process. But the essence behind it all is the same. Some believe the illusion, and some don't...just depends how crazy you wanna get.

14. what do you mean "your brain?"

whos brain is it? mine? whos me? my brain belongs to me? who am i?

edit: GG where did being gay come into play?

15. It came from.... Holy Shit! It was there, but now it's gone!

How'd you do THAT? :smoking:

16. i kinda believe this too.so if we only "filter" some info i wonder what a completely unfiltered consciousness is, that lets all info goes through. if that makes sense:confused::rolleyes:

17. AFTER READING THIS,

"Who is beneath our thoughts? Who is beneath our emotions? Who is beneath who I am? Who is beneath who is who? Who is beneath music, expression? Who sends all these packets of information through us? What is beneath everything is the same thing for every object you apply it to. What is beneath me is beneath you to. What appears above of what is beneath is seemingly different, yet only variations of the same, encompassing all the forms that can be seen.

Who is looking through your eyes today?

What more can I add without taking something away?
    What more can I subtract without giving something to?
    Is there such a thing as absolute subtraction or addition?
    Can things even by added or subtracted, or is everything empty and whole as is?"
    AND THIS,

"Talks a lot about it. Our brain isn't the source of everything that we'd like to think it is, that it too has its higher source. Nothing can stand alone, and "your brain" never truly held any responsibility for your thoughts and feelings. We are living energy fields conducted all from the same place. There is no you or me, because we are all one, made from the same source of the same thing, energy. We each hold a unique relationship with the whole, and it can be said that we are essentially not just parts of the whole, but the whole itself. That there truly is no separation between you and I, that we are both seeping out of this infinite source at once. There is only one, and beneath us all remains the connection to this one. That all our emotions, thoughts, ideas, truths, loves, etc all link back to this one place. That this moment is not mine, but all of ours. "

I WONDER,

WHAT IS YOUR DAY JOB, YEM?
    HOW DO YOU INCORPORATE ALL THESE IN YOUR DAILY LIFE?

Peace, as always.

18. Just enjoy the infinite moment.

19. If we are all a product of energy. We are all a result of one energy spread among the population of earth. Why wouldn't we have one consciousness. But then again, if we were all connected, related to "one" then how come we think differently? Well maybe our minds are just cars, but energy is the force driving it. Everyone has a different mind yes. But we are all driven by energy. So although we are all different, technically speaking we are all one? Is that what you getting at? Or am I off?

20. My duty is to learn, to understand, to love, to share, to contribute my love and understanding to others so too can learn to love and understand. My job is to help the whole grow, and by doing this I am helping myself grow.

There is no 'I' incorporating these into 'my' daily life because they are all already there, just gotta look through the right pair of eyes to see em'.

We are one consciousness. We think differently because this one consciousness is so infinite it needs infinite of finite ways to accurately represent it. That this one consciousness is the holder of ten thousand forms, and within each form are ten million ways of thinking and perceiving itself. That existence happens when reality perceives itself. I am not trying to condemn 'you', but have 'you' realize that 'you' are much much much more than just 'you'. That is exactly what I am getting at. :)