Underground Grow Room?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by KushBush420P, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Hey guys I'm new to the forums, anyways I've been doing some poking around and I'm interested if anyone would know how to go about constructing an underground grow room. My first potential site is a decent sized hill in the woods, I'm thinking of digging a tunnel into the side and then digging down a little and just digging out a room to fit at least 20 plants, things I am worried about are cave ins and what should I cover the walls with? Plywood? Also I will start digging tomorrow all I have is a shovel so I will be doing it by hand is that fiesable I need to get it done before winter? I'm going to worry about insulation, venting, and all that good stuff once I get the actuall area dug out, as far as power goes I think I'm going to invest in either one of those Honda quiet generators or solar panels, I just want some feedback from you guys, is this setup do-able? Any advice would be very well appreciated. Thanks.

2. Umm, well first off tunneling is hard shit, and in most cases needs to be strategically planned out. I strongly recommend you make some sort of blueprint before the actual shovel goes into the ground. :smoking:

3. step one: degree in engineering

step two: go to home depot and get your Mexican pick up army to start digging.

imo there are easier ways. i considered it after watching the movie R.E.D. love the dudes house if you have seen it :) but unless you come across an old nuclear bunker. too much work over just setting up a solid room

4. I know it would probably be cheaper/easier to just set up a room but long story short that is not in option this winter.

5. I don't think you understand how hard it is to dig such a big hole.

6. I needed a good laugh

7. i live in canada man we dont have such a luxury here. quite jealous.
    my other other suggestion is to maybe go stealth for the winter, set up some stacked rubbermaids in the corner or the basement, or put a lock on the guest bedroom door and tell grandma you never found the key and they are definitely not funny smells coming from the seems of the door. its just her that smells

but ya maybe hit up the micro forum for some ideas to your dilemma :D