Underground grow bunker

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by nzkushog, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Needing electrical advice - AGAIN!

let's say one has built a an underground grow room. I am looking to run about 2.4w in lighting.
    What are some ways I can run power there when I am not on the grid.
    There is grid power to tap into within reach and a pylon near by. How could one tap into the power?
    This is all theoretical and I would never tap into government owned power. A government which thefts me at a high rate of tax for nothing in return. So why not get something in return ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Green houses are cool too. Good luck with ur project man

3. Stealing power is how everyone gets busted around where I live. Every so often they look for the irregularities and they are able to track down where the power is being diverted. Not a good idea.

There are two main ways to get off grid power. One is by using a generator. The other is solar panels. You can get enough solar panels to power 4000 watts of lights for $10,000. Yes, it is expensive. Sure would be nice to be able to be completely self-sufficient in terms of power though.

If someone is trying to hide the amount of electricity they're using, it is fairly cost-effective to buy a generator that is capable of running 5000-10,000 watts. From what I gather, the power company may start taking notice once you exceed 3000-4000 watts. I assume that a diesel generator would be more efficient and cheaper, but I am not very educated about that. The main problem with that is noise. If you can put the generator underground and have an exhaust line that is in an area where it would go unnoticed, it might work pretty well.

With a 5000-10000 watt harvest, the cost of fuel would be nothing. Having to constantly fill up the generator would be a pain in the ass though.

What would be ideal would be to have solar panels and one of those new Tesla batteries that's capable of powering an entire house. Those things look awesome.