Underestimated Flowering Stretch, Need Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bizzerk, May 21, 2010.

1. Hey GC, first time grow and have run into another problem(guess thats how you get experience). So just like the title says I underestimated how much my girls would stretch and now there only a few inches from my 400w HPS.

Info on my setup:
    400w HPS(just reflector - no glass or cooling)
    Hybrid hydroponic DWC/Drip system
    3x Nirvana - Swiss Cheese strain

So anyways, I flipped over to 12/12 about two and a half weeks ago with the tallest cola being about a little over a foot(aprox 31cm). Today she's about 35in/89cm and about 3-5inches from my HID light. So my questions are:

1) Since the plants are starting to bud, are they done w/ vertical growth?

2) If not, what do you recommend to do?(moving the light up not an option)

Please any suggestions/comments are much appreciated

2. So many people ask this question. The solution is so simple. Bend it over.
    Doing so will not decrease yield nor hurt the plant. In fact it should increase yield and potency because it is a form of supercropping.
    Take a wire clothes hanger and needle nose pliers. Grab the end of the hanger and wrap the wire around the pliers creating a spring. Make sure the circles of the spring are at least twice as wide around as the stalk/stem your going to bend.

Pinch gently then with more pressure where you want to bend. Now start bending the stal while pinching on and off. Don't let go of the top of the stem once it gives. If you let it fall all the way it can snap in half. Holding the stem back up right twist the hanger spring around the bend to use as an exoskeleton. Adjust the spring so that the stem ishorizontal.

In 2 to 3 days you'll notice the plant becomes a darker color than its neighbors. That's the extra nutient floe caused by the plant repairing the bend.

3. #3 Bizzerk, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    Thanks man +rep. Quick question, my plants look like I monstercropped and I have so many cola's. How many do you think I can do at once without stressing them too bad?

4. I can only speak from experience in that the most I've bent on a single plant is 3 including the main stalk. I have not done more than one on a single plant on the same day but over consecutive days. Your plants should shock and not grow in height for a day or two if you do the main stalk and the plants are close to stopping vertical growth(about the 4th week [dependent on strain]) so I would only bend the main stock for now.

5. Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think i'll be able to do the main stalk because it's thick as hell