Undercover in a Police Station

Discussion in 'General' started by ThePhantom, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Last night was pretty awesome. Me and nine other people from SSDP (Students for Sensible Drug Policy) went to this narcotics training event hosted by a cop named Sergeant Martini. That's right, Martini. The President of SSDP was contacted by a local mayor, who was accidentally raided for receiving a box of cannabis and had his two dogs shot, and he told her about this event. Martini was actually one of the people who raided his home.

Anyways, each individual had to call to say we were coming, and we just said we were "interested students" and didn't say we were from SSDP. In retrospect, one of us could have called and it would have been fine, since they didn't check any list or anything when we got there (and one person had not even called).

Honestly, Sergeant Martini was pretty nice, and I did learn a few things. For example, I didn't know that dogs could discern smells so perfectly, so people who try to wrap their bud in cellophane, peanut butter, even motor oil, it won't work. The dog can pick out the peanut butter, oil, and oh, there's the cannabis. Anyways, he showed us a PowerPoint Presentation about what they did to stop drugs, such as street level and interdiction efforts. It was weird, since I'm used to seeing PowerPoints about why those tactics don't work, and here was one promoting it.

I thought we were going to do something where we stood up and would say, "We're from SSDP!" but we never did, and I guess it was for the better. Up until the end, he just thought we were a bunch of criminal justice majors who were interested in this, ha. Good stuff.

2. so thats what its like. On the other side...

3. They say their methods are fail proof, we say they have flaws. Typical

4. I was expecting an epic tale of espionage, I want my money back!

5. OP is that Dr. Kenzo in your sig and av?

6. Good job gathering intel agent. Now to infiltrate their headquarters to execute Operation Valkyrie

7. I just read a blurb in High Times about those smell-free bags. They work great, but the dogs can smell the stuff on the OUTSIDE of the bag, from you handling the bag with grassy fingers.

So, the only way to do this is to use the smelly bag on the outside, and another bag on the inside. Take the outside bag off with clean hands, carefully remove the inner bag and use it somewhere else. When you're all done, wash your hands, pick up you inner bag with a gloved hand (keep the other one untouched, to pick up the outer, smelly bag with) and carefully place your inner bag inside of the smelly bag that you have kept somewhere clean. Discard the glove and wash your hands really well again. Great time.

This is a lot like the way you do isolation stuff for patients with serious disease.

It's easier if the stuff never travels with you. Can you do that? If you can, that's the best.

If not, take only as much as you need, use it, wash hands, etc. A stinky car?- FUGETABOUTIT

8. Wow I was waiting for you guys to do something and you never did?! I was expecting something more from this story.

9. Good work. Didn't someone say that hiding it in some sort of food helps, like meat? A dog can smell everything, but the handler just thinks the dog wants the food. Also, what about those smell-killing sprays? They've been moderately effective in the past, at least for me.

Oh well. Always have to be one step ahead.

10. I know what you mean DayTripper, I thought there was going to be a climax to the event. But my friend said it well, if we had done something, it would have created an antagonistic situation for no reason, and it could have been quite awkward. I don't know, I think we could have pushed it a little harder though.

11. Did they say if the dog can smell it through a condom in your asshole? Because if I've been doing that for nothing im gonna be pissed...

12. Making a scene would only bring negative attitudes towards your cause,if you are fighting to legalize cannabis you should demonstrate as a group that smokers are normal people that don't pose any harm to society.

You should just wear t-shirts or other apparel that promotes cannabis legalization and sit quietly and make constructive comments and questions throughout the meeting.

13. You didn't even throw a pie at the guys face as you walked out? damn man you missed your chance

14. I was expecting you to streak while wearing a Nixon mask a la That 70s Show

[​IMG]

15. you should of went high and if he bust be like;
    you past the test srgent mcgruff \ and run.................

16. Last time I was in a police station in WV, they had a dry erase board with indicment listings, and when they will target.

Prescription Painkiller, Possession is the top one.

So if you buy pills illegally in WV, watch out.