Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Depression Underage MMIC for Depression?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by poprocks70091, Sep 27, 2016.

1. I live in California and I am looking into Medical Marijuana for my child of 16. She was diagnosed with Clinical Depression a couple years ago and was prescribed Lexapro, but stopped taking it as she didn't like the way it made her nauseous and drowsy. She and I are both very supportive of Medical Marijuana and are interested in looking into that as a safer route to medicating her depression. Do you think this would be difficult? And how should I go about it?

2. Ask a doctor, not random people on the internet... Especially concerning a child's health...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Planning on doing so, just trying to figure out if it's worth my time and money to go see a doctor about this or if it's a waste of my time:)

4. Your account makes you giving birth at age 10...?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Okay? Thank you very much for all your concerns, but I was in a bit of a rush and just created this account specifically for this question. It won't allow me to change my birth date with out contacting someone which seems like a huge hassle. I'm sorry that my post bothered you, the point of these forums are to ask questions and get simple answers/advice from people who may know something...

6. there you go.. cali may or may not support the rest of your post which im not going to address.

7. #7 Joker1121, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    There are many other antidepressants out there. I would not put a 16 year old on MM without direct medical supervision.