Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Underage drinking vs Posession

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by viper98, Aug 6, 2012.

1. I live in PA and have been thinking. What would be worse? By worse I mean which would affect someone's future the greatest. Being busted for drinking underage or getting caught with a small amount of mj?

2. Possession. Crimes like underage drinking are erased once you turn 18 I believe.

3. Definetely possession. Ridiculous right? I've never been caught for either but a lot of my friends have been caught several times. They usually just pour the alcohol out or call your parents. But they were also only minors at the time so maybe that makes a difference.

4. Possession completely, it's kids having a "dangerous addictive narcotic ", alcohol is just some kids messing around to the police.

5. possesion, got an unlawful possesion and intoxication and it was only a violation

6. if its before 18 it doesnt really matter because once your 21 your juvenile record is erased... at least in most states... underage drinking would probably be worst in a way though since they usually take away ur license and sometimes make people wait until there like 25 and such to get it... jobs wont really care that much about a misdemeanor possesion charge its the felonys that fucks people up... it all depends on the people though..

7. I don't think your record is erased, it's a process called expungement. But then again I'm not a lawyer. I am in the process of getting my juvenile record erased and let me tell you the courts don't just do it for you.

And nothing is truly erased. Police and military can still see it.

8. Damn, I kinda assumed that was the case but was hoping otherwise. I love smoking and am always really careful about it but recently the fear if getting caught and losing my education, job, and parental support has been on my mind.

Just more of a reason to finish up my degree and try to move to an MMJ state!

9. Posession because weed is an illegal substance , and the law likes sucking dick. i got busted for underage drinking wen i was 16 didnt even get took to the precinct lol if it was posession i wouldve been hounded

10. thats just what the courts and po's had always told me through my years of juvenile probation... that its cleared once ur 21.. but all states are different..

11. In CT it's been decriminalized, so if you get caught with less then half an ounce, it's only $150 fine :D

12. Just did a google search and no state does that. Every state you have to expunge it yourself. And like I said it's not free.

And it wouldn't be 21. The age 21 has no significance other than alcohol,gambling, and renting things.

Once you turn 18 you are an adult in all 50 states.

13. Possession by far actually depends where you live in California you just have to pay a fine not sure about drinking though.

14. so when your 20 and you get caught drinking, it still gets erased? I would think if possession of less than a gram would be less worse than alcohol, least they know you were just toking with a couple buddies rather than at a rager party shit wasted.

15. If they were both earned before the age of 18 (in Canada, idk what it is in the US), then neither because they'll both be wiped off your record.

In Canada any and all misdemeanors and even many felonies are fully erased off a citizen's record when they turn 18 years old.

Honestly I don't think either would really affect your future that much unless you got charged with intent as well.

16. Thanks for all the replys guys, well hopefully I don't have to deal with either problem.