"Under the table" stealth project LST (pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by woft, Aug 26, 2009.

1. #1 woft, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2009
    The pics are fairly self explanatory. If not: the box goes under the table!!! No pics with the box actually under the table, but when it is and there's a tablecloth on, nobody notices - and that's the idea!

Attached Files:

2. Very nice box, way to go, I like everything I see, and you got mostly everything coverd. How do you power the fans? Power plug? what are you using for light, soil, type of plant, give us details buddy. We would like to know what you are doing. Look at our reports and maybe they could help.

Welcome to the Forum :wave:

3. Yeah very cool spot, as long as nobody tries to sit there... :eek:
    And could you describe the lights? I saw in your othr post something about the cfls, but Ive never heard of 200 watt purple cfls.

4. And I suppose you would know better than I, and maybe Im spatially fucked up in the head, but it looks like that box doesnt fit under there!

5. #5 woft, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2009
    The setup:

Unknown seeds, but they were given to me by a seasoned tripper in South Africa who told me that they are very special! He said it with ‘that look' in his eye. When we smoked the bud, I knew why! Holding thumbs they're female…

Soil is a British standard for herbs ‘John Innes No. 2' – the plants seem to like it.

Feeding them “One/1” off the shelf from a garden centre where the green fingered till lady said it was excellent stuff, and she wasn't wrong, the plants had an instant noticeable growth. Pic attached - of the nutes!

Lights are confusing, I've never heard of the type either – 200W cfls. Big ballast attached to the outside of the box. Got the purple lights in at the mo. Can't complain about the growth I'm seeing, but that may be due to the LST method that allows more light to the right places. Current time is 18/6. Pics attached of unused red light.

The fans are all cheapos off of ebay, 99p a shot, would go more expensive next time and get quieter ones – hum noticeable when the place is quiet, but that's okay in my situation. There are 6 of them, wired 2 each to 12V power supplies. 2 of those power supplies are adjustable, and I've turned the voltage down because 12V is too much in my case. The last pair of fans is wired in series (other 2 pairs in parallel) to an old 12 V power supply I had, limiting the voltage to the fans that give airflow to the leaves.

3 of the fans are pulling air out of the box through homemade carbon filters. The filters are basically small yoghurt cups filled with activated carbon held in with cotton wool and stockings. These are duct taped over the top fans. The bottom one pulls in fresh air.

The box was not airtight though, so I duct taped the edges, which has helped. The lid is not flush and I'm yet to deal with that, will when I get the chance. Result is a very faint wiff in the air, so faint that most wouldn't notice now, but will when flowering starts.

In hindsight, I wouldn't duct tape the filters over the fans, because I don't know how airtight the setup is. I've thought of a few ways to resolve this but I'm happy with the way things are working now so will leave it for a while and see what happens.

The box itself is simple hardboard box: approx measurements are length 80cm, breadth 60cm, height 74cm. Plenty of space for lst-ing – what a Godsend of a method! Hardboard was a great choice in my case because I don't have a drill and could use a corkscrew looking hand held thingy to push through screw holes. Took a lot longer than if I had the drill – about a bottle of wine longer, so was worth it! Had to borrow a drill for the fan holes in the box sides though.

I plan to veg until both containers (cat litter ones by the way, with holes pushed through) have the soil covered with leaves and potential buds. Only a quarter way around now. I will add molasses to the feedings when flowering begins.

One of the new pics, by the way, shows the box in stealth mode. Apologies for the ‘tablecloth'- it's actually a couch throw acting as a temp tablecloth until I get a real one. Point is though, greenthumbber, that it fits! – was measured and built to do so.

Hope some of this is useful to someone somewhere. We stoners are easy to amuse though! I'm still looking for clarity on the cfl lights post I made btw...

Attached Files:

6. Very sick, and I love the design and will be watching this. +rep for you :hello: