Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Under 18

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 0226bamboozled, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just wanted to say that I don't get why this forum only allows people to post if their 18 or older. Weed is illegal for any age and making the age on here 18 is not going to discourage younger kids from blazing or making accounts. I guarantee that 90% of us started blazing when we were younger than 18. I'm also pretty sure that like half the people on here are under 18. How about we all stop trying to be the age police and just answer peoples questions with real answers instead of "uh i think this kids like 9". Answers like that don't help at all lol. :)

2. I've wondered this myself

3. #3 I'm Not Sober, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
    People don't just talk about marijuana here. There are other things that require the age limit..

If you're of age, then why does it even matter to you?

Sure, when people come to find answers, I try my best to help them instead of jumping down their throats about their age. But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be here.

Also, it is beneficial to the maturity level of the community as a whole. I've been using forums for quite some time now, and it seems the ones with age restrictions are the best.

4. The site is based out of Amsterdam and you need to be 18 to enter coffee shops.

5. if you're over 18 it shouldn't be an issue :smoke:

6. I don't give a fuck about someones age, but the fact is that the forum has rules in place because the owners have to cover their asses. We should just appreciate that we have the forum instead of bitching about the rules. Besides, if "like half" of all the people here are underage, then I don't see what the problem is.

7. I think he's saying it's annoying when people try and call out another member like they are less intelligent due to there age and therefore accuse them of being a minor.

8. I'm sure theres a legal aspect to it as well. . . Kinda hard to defend the right to grow, when we're telling kids how to do it in their parents closets. . .and honestly any legalization will include age restrictions anyway. . .probably 21 in the US.

9. If you were over 18, you would understand why GC can't be a site that allows minors to talk about "drugs". Seems pretty fucking obvious. Everyone should stop crying about it.

10. Were on a forum, were not going to a coffee shop. And the reason why it bothers me is because some posts have like 5 posts of just people asking about age and it's really annoying. I'm pretty sure most of you joined before you were 18 and you would have been pretty pissed if someone didn't answer your question because you were under 18.

11. #11 0226bamboozled, Apr 6, 2011
    Lol so because I don't understand it means i'm under 18? I am 18 and drugs are illegal regardless of age.

And the age limit is not the big issue for me, it's the fact that if people think someones under 18 there will be like 5 people that start posting saying "i smell an underager". Like grow up and get a life.

12. why do you think it's ok to let minors come on here to talk about drugs? i know i dont want 1000 stupid immature threads everywhere....

13. I think its more of a liability issue on GC's part.

14. Same here I don't want stupid threads, but if there just posting a normal question just answer it and not be the age police.

15. I have an idea that the OP may just not quite be 18

16. el oh el :hello:

17. i think its because the owner will get in trouble .. cause u gotta be 18 to get medical marijuana or younger with parent permission i grantuee u that 50+ of people that use these fourms are under 18.. just shut the fuck up and use the forums and there wont be a problem lmao. i dont see why people want to come out and say there younger than 18

18. because when girls post pics or have avatars of themselves, we don't want people to be all :ey: if they're under 18

ya dig?

that's the ONLY reason. the only one.

19. This is completely true.

Some kid reads something on a website, kid does what the website told him, the act of doing something based on information on the internet caused him to harm himself, the child's parents sue the account holder of Grasscity.

Also, from what I've seen, most people don't have a problem with the age limit unless they are on the site illegitimately, or feel that they have to have their freedoms expressed. You're not the owner of Grasscity, you don't control/moderate the forums, you aren't the one paying for the existence of these forums, therefore, have no say in the rules.

Make your own forum, and you can let whoever the fuck you want on it.

20. #20 architoker, Apr 6, 2011
    the only people that ever have a problem with this rule are the ones who aren't 18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.