under 18 in amsterdam

Discussion in 'General' started by wakeupbakeup, Jul 27, 2010.

1. me and my friend and my little brother might go to amsterdam, if hes under 18 would he be able to get away with smoking weed?

2. as long as he doesn't go into the coffeeshops it'll be alright. you can only buy weed if you're over 18, but if you're smoking outside nobody cares.

3. You sure about this? Because weed is illegal in Amsterdam... so there is no official age limit.

Plus the drinking age is like 16.

OP, your brother should be fine in a coffee shop.

EDIT: If your brother is like 12, then I doubt he could. But 16 or 17, I'm sure its fine.

4. I have a similar question.
    So if you're in a coffee shop and I buy the pot would my little cousin be able to smoke with me in the shop?
    He's got a little beard going on, so he doesn't look fresh out of the whomb, but he is under 18.

5. To answer your question -- yes.
    If he's 16 or 17, I doubt they will say anything, as long as they are with an adult

6. thanks for the answers

7. You have to be at least 18, and most of them WILL check for I.D.

Just wait until you're 18... you'll have a much better time.

8. Do you know this for a fact?

9. Yes. I've been there three times. The last time I was there I was 31 and I was carded.

10. And is that for buying weed or for smoking?

11. Weed illegal in amsterdam?
    When I was there it sure didn't seem to be. There is an official age, it is 18. I was with some younger folk who did indeed get carded by the coffeeshop employees. We just went to a different coffeeshop i bought and they got a table. I brought back the goods and we lit up.

12. It's illegal but tolerated.

13. It's for entering the coffeeshop.

Not all of them are strict about it, but really? Why spend a couple of thousand dollars to spend your vacation getting kicked out of coffeeshops for being a kid?

Why not just wait a few months, and then enjoy everything the city has to offer- as an adult.

Shit like this is the reason the city is cracking down on it.

14. Why would she be carded for smoking weed?:confused:

15. I fail to see your confusion..

16. but they sell it in the stores?

are you sure you know what you're talking about? sounds to me like you dont.

17. You obviously don't know about the laws in Amsterdam.

Marijuana IS illegal. That is a FACT.
    Look it up, pal. Don't go telling other people they don't know what they're talking about without first knowing if they do or not. ;)

EDIT: I also see you have Obama in your avatar, I should've have known you were a liberal. As such, you live by the liberal motto: Insult/Accuse first, research later/never.

18. He is right about that...

Weed isn't legal in the Netherlands, but it is tolerated and there are still "laws". I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's true. One of those laws is that you have to be 18 to be in a coffeeshop.

Seriously though kids... they are really trying to crack down on coffeeshops in Amsterdam, and it doesn't help when underage American tourists think they are entitled to be there.

19. No one has said anything about being entitled to be there.

From what I've heard from other people I THOUGHT that if someone 16 or 17yrs old were to go in with their parents, the coffee shop wouldn't care. You obviously refuted that and I understand now.

No one on this thread is talking about how even if we are underage we are still entitled to be there. No one on this thread is underage.

20. When I went there for my first time when I just turned 18 they ID'd me pretty much everywhere I went. My advice would be to get a fake ID or buy the herb for him and smoke outside.