Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Uncured weed? SOS

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bookslutt, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Hey! So yesterday I picked up a half o from one of my brothers friends. I usually get great stuff but this new shit is awful. My brother did the transaction for me because I was busy. He said his friend told him it was uncured bud and to let it sit out an hour or so before smoking. I was like 'eh, whatever' ..I was wrong. The weed was moist, like not moisture drops in the bag or anything just moist, idk how to describe it. The stems didn't snap and it smells like hay or fresh cut grass. It also is covered with red hairs and has crystals. But the buds are flat, like they've been smushed down. So anyway, I put it in a mason jar, left it in a dark room with A/C and have been trying to cure it. It hasn't gotten any more dry. I'm pissed because this asshole kid ripped me off! He told my bro it was dank and I was too lazy to come with and check it out before it was bought. Idk, I don't think this curing method is working. If it's covered with hairs, it should be good, right? Any suggestions on how to make it smokable would be greatly appreciated !

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439414538.415176.jpg s this is what it looks like, not a very high quality pic, sorry

3. #3 killset, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
    Probably wasn't ever dried or barely dried. Sounds like a local grower was trying to make a quick buck selling weed that was just harvested. It will need to be dried before a cure. Curing is going to take several weeks minimum. Read up on drying harvested cannabis. Drying it properly will be your next step to getting it smokable.

4. just put it in a brown paper bag itll dry right out thats how everyone i know does it

5. #5 KeepsMN, Aug 13, 2015
    majon jar isnt going to cure it quickly, you gotta openly air it if its wet

6. You need to dry it first before you cure it. Takes about 3 months to cure.

7. Toss it is the oven on 200 about 30 minutes to an hour. It looks like that stuff is already compressed and if so its just as likely to mold before it dries. Dry it quick and at least its salvageable. It's going to taste like crap any way you go more than likely. Tell your brother not to buy any more wet bud. Weed loses 75% of its weight when it dries so if it's that wet he didn't get the weight he payed for either

8. #8 otroo, Aug 13, 2015

This method will also decarb the bud and then all you have to is eat in an edible cause it would be a waste to smoke after this.

I have gotten some like you have gotten and I just put in one of my jars and just leave the lid off for a bit and check it every hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Paper Bag or shoebox to dry.
    Don't rush it