Uncle Bennys Guerrilla 2013

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Uncle Benny, May 30, 2013.

1. i basically wound up scrapping my plants in the woods. They are so dead, it looks like somebody hit em with some round-up. Located a vacant greenhouse at an old farm to finish my 15 auto's in. Hopefully i can still score as much smoke as i wanted before.

Hey mama, I've never tried the diatomacious earth, and I probably should.  And I know you don't judge, and you're a sweetheart.  I won't hold that your from cali against you :poke: ;)

The bugs here are really unbearable with all the rain we gotten this year.  So far the only thing that has been foolproof in controlling the bugs out in the woods has been the Sevin, but I'm open for change. 

I want to thank you and all the rest of the GC community for all the kindness you have shown.  I was really starting to reconsider if I should continue this journal after dealing with that one poster.

My intent of keeping this journal is to record it like an experimental journey.  I just try to come up with new ideas on how to grow better weed in a guerrilla garden.  I like to experiment and research and then test.  I'm a lot like most other growers out here.

Sorry hear the bad news about the plants, but you can't get much better than a greenhouse to grow in.

4. lol its not a nice greenhouse by any means, its been broken down for quite a few years. theres all kinds of shit naturally growing in it, im gonna have to clear a spot. Only good thing is it has concrete floors. So not as many earth bugs. Eh oh well. Im still gonna dust the dying plants and then check on em in like a few weeks. See if they pulld thru it or not. 

5. I've butted heads with my fair share of people on here too (mine can usually be traced back to hormones though hahaha). Something about lady hormones and stupid people is a dangerous combination. :p But I've learned so much on GC and formed enough meaningful friendships that it's worth sticking around. You should definitely keep the journal going. Even though I'm a backyard grower, I've learned just as much from guerilla growers and indoor growers too. We all have ways and methods to share with each other.

I didn't read the whole conversation between you and sarg. It looks like some of the comments have since been erased so it was a bit hard to decipher. I truly think he was trying to be helpful when he said to train the tops of the plants through the cages, but obviously things went south after that. You didn't like his show boating, and it never feels good to have someone laugh at your hard work. Then I'm guessing he got offended when you rejected his advise. Just remember not everyone is great at communicating. It's an art. Deep down I think you're both good people.

6. #86 Uncle Benny, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013

Mama - Thank you for the kind thoughts.  I wish me and Sarg could share a J, and talk it over.  We are all just a bunch of stoners and should be able to get along.

7. Hey Uncle Benny, please, just take it slow and easy on the journal... I dont think I'm alone in saying, every season teaches us somthing new and your journal has helped me. When there's time and you feel like it post somthing...  if not then dont.  ...and even if the wanker gets his wish " a train wrecked grow" big fuggn deal!!.. at least your another "old fart " in the woods doing something, where most youngsters fear to tread (they might get ticks or have to break a sweat).  and don't think you have to reply to everyone , especially me!
    Galeno

G - You are so right. 

I was being more prideful than I want to admit.  Mama was just trying to helpful, and I'm obsessing.  Sorry everybody, and especially to mama for not recognizing her intent.  I can be pretty stupid sometimes.

Anyway, I am falling in love with my pump.  Does that sound wrong? 

I pumped about 20 gallons of water tonight and added some mulch around two of the plants.  I need to get more mulch out the garden.

Now the the pics, warning the plants are covered in Sevin.  I did not find a single bug on any plant!  Notice my camo painted 5 gallon bucket, which is a big help in the hauling the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I don't think benny over reacted at all. There are quite a few legal growers on here that chime in from time to time and just blast you, and show you pics of their grow. Then they compare yours to theirs and say you do it all wrong. U handled it well my friend go with our grow

Thanks Tweakz for the support!

One thing I'm concluding about is that plants grown in smart pots will be bushier than plants in the ground, and there is not really anything you can do about it.  My tomato plants in the smart pots are bushier than the plants in the ground and they are all grown form seed that was germinated at the same time.  I also noticed that my plants last year in the smart pots were bushier.

But, smart pots take a lot of water.  The 10 gal pots I used last year were too small and I probably should have used a  20 gal smart pots and 45 gal smart pots would have been darn near perfect.

It will be interesting to see how these plants in the ground perform, if they survive.  So far I've been impressed with the size of the plants, and the main leaves on the plants are just huge.  They are not bushy yet, but they are getting more so every week.  I still got plenty of veg time, but I'm thinking I should have staked them before all this bad weather hitting.  I think I made a dummy move putting more time into mulching than staking.  I bought the stakes and material and just didn't get the material out the site.  Guerrilla growing is sorta like building a space station.  You gotta plan out each trip to the grow site so that you maximize what you take out and when you take it out.

Getting a good bit of heavy rain now and for the next few days.  Hopefully the plants will be ok.

11. Hey Uncle Benny, your garden is "chugging"right along and is due to arrive on time at the  fall harvest station!...well, I snuck out to the patch for some pictures this morning after sunrise...these photos were taken "Arte Johnson" style (remember Laugh-In's german soldier in the bushes? circa 1970's) "very interesting but stupid" 
    Hope these turn out for the post, if not please visit my gallery my Amigo's.
    Galeno

View attachment 119564
    View attachment 119567

View attachment 119566

View attachment 119565
    View attachment 119569
    View attachment 119568
    View attachment 119570

12. WTF !?!?...half of the pictures are upside down!...dang contraptions!!...oh well stand on yer heads to view.

13. G - You got an excellent grow site, and your plants look outstanding.

Laugh-in, I have not thought about that show in years.  I remember that character, didn't he wear a pith helmet?  Dang, I remember it, but could not tell you anything about it.  I didn't really understand it at the time. lol

I don't know if you read this, but some lady got caught growing 3,000 plant out in NY.  The story got me thinking about writing about security at the grow site, and my thoughts on the subject.

So, here it is.

First, I do not under estimate the cops.  Cops are typically professional and thorough when they investigate a crime scene, and if your grow site is found and reported to cops, it will be treated as a crime scene.  Second understand your local laws regarding weed cultivation, the penalties will typically be very stiff.  So, it is imperative that if your grow site is uncovered by cops, that you do not leave any clues.  Plus, think about how that grow site could be traced back to you.

1) My own rule is that I do not sell weed, and by doing so I think I drastically reduce the chances of the cops tracing something back to me. 

2) I tell nobody that I grow. 

3) If I take anything out to the grow site and leave it there, I make sure that all labels are removed from it, and any numbers imprinted on the item are removed.  You just never know how they may be able to trace an item back to the store and then to the purchaser.

4) I make sure that I leave no fingerprints on anything left out at the grow site, and I wear gloves when working at the site.

5) I constantly check for unusual footprints, and I do my best to make sure I do not leave footprints near the grow site.

6) I constantly change the time that I visit the grow site, and I try to mix up my parking locations.

Keep in mind that if your site is uncovered, the cops could use the power of the media by reporting the grow in the media and asking for assistance.  So, try to be inconspicuous and not act out of place or do something that someone could remember you by.  Also, be aware of cameras that could record your coming and goings near the grow spot, as the cops could review tapes looking for people bringing out things that match what was found at the grow site.

If the cops do want to talk to you, tell them that you are not involved in any criminal activity and you would like to further explain your side of the situation, but that you need your attorney present.  Do not get into a pissing contest with the cops.  You are to be assumed innocent, and if you are willing to offer an explanation that exonerates you, the cops will want to listen to it.  This may save you from being arrested immediately, and allow you deal with the cops through an attorney.  Of course, if the evidence is stacked against you, the cops will just arrest you.

Now to the grow.

The bugs in the woods are terrible with all the rain we have been having for the past several days, and we are expecting more rain too.  The plants look good and are getting bushier.  The purple maroc is now pushing toward 9 feet tall. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Dang Uncle Benny your garden is doing great!...look at all the new growth....thanks for the security wisdom...I follow those points to the letter and more due to my location...excellent post...3 thumbs up!!!

15. #95 Gr33nPeace, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
    Subbed! I'll be following this because I'm trying to soak up all the knowledge I can so that when I'm ready to give growing a shot I'll hopefully do it right. Also, good looking out with the security tips. I think that not getting greedy and growing 3,000 damn plants is one that should be added though :p

16. #96 Uncle Benny, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013

Thanks man.

The biggest thing that helped me (plus reading GC journals) was learning how to grow tomatoes from seed.  If you can grow tomatoes, you should have no problem growing weed.  Plus, taking up a tomato growing hobby helps hide your real hobby - growing weed. lol

You know, this lady who got busted was living the life of a multi-millionaire which just kinda feels wrong.  I respect the ability to make that much money, but if your growing literally tons of bud, you should be selling that weed for a lot less.

I once read somewhere, where somebody was touting a fair price for weed and if it was legal everywhere, what the price should be.  I think it was like less than $75 per ounce.

On the other hand, is making millions for a few years worth it, if you gotta spend the next 10 years in prison and lose your kids?  I would say no, and that's why I just really grow for me.  You grow thousands of dollars in profit, don't report it or pay taxes on it, and conceal your profits in off shore accounts, and the government is going to be pretty pissed off.  Of course, there was a pair of brothers who got off pretty light after they wrote a million dollar check to the government - I think they lived in PA and had a ship building business.

Thanks Galeno.  I'm getting kinda nervous about this grow.  I still got weed that I grew last year that I have not even touched, and I think, if things remain on course, I will have a much bigger harvest this year. 

Probably should not think that far in advance, don't want to jinx the grow counting chickens.

The weather has been really outstanding here.  Today it was warm and sunny all day, then we had a late afternoon shower to cool off things and water the plants.

17. I agree it's wrong, however, she probably did it only to live that millionare-esque style life. It wasn't a passion or hobby of hers as it would be for any of us. Thanks for the advice with the tomatoes, I think I'll try that because I have this lease until next year and that would make it easy to learn without the risk until I'm out of this lease.

18. hey man looking nice! is the purple maroc pic #1 in your last post? im trying to use your purple maroc to identify my marocs. remember I mixed my plants all up lol. I have a revegging plant that I think is maroc, but not sure. she's 5 foot tall, and 4 foot wide with over a month of veg time left :) just might end up being my first half pounder or more grown guerilla style! the maroc buds get huge under the right conditions. did you see nugget roasters grow last year? he had a couple purple maroc buds as big as his head lol. I hope mine can get like that. my early flowering issue really put a hurting on my future yield this year (if I harvest). will be nice having early bud, but also would have been nice having 5 times more bud. I still have a few that will go the distance. I just bought some happy frog all purpose 5-5-5. its organic with all kinds of bacteria and mychorrizhae in it. its got the bat guano, blood meal, feather meal, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, fish meal, and lots of other goodies in it too. by the looks of the ingredients this stuff looks like the real deal! cant wait to try it this weekend. I think im also going to take a few clones tomorrow. I know they don't have much time to get big, but id be happy with an eighth off each lol. are any of your plants getting chewed up by bugs? I have a couple that are. ive been seeing this white powder on some stems that I thought was powdery mildew, but with a closer look I could see the little white fury bugs with the white powder on them. any1 know what these are? they sure eat at a plant pretty quick! keep it up uncle ben and goodluck through the rest of veg. hope your gals gets huge!

wow dude, you packed a lot into a paragraph :poke:

Yeah, I've been following your journal, that sucks about the early harvest on those photos. 

I used the happy frog my first grow, and I used ff ocean forest for my seedlings this year.

The first picture is the C99 and the second picture is the purple maroc.  The PM for me is growing tall, and is now branching out pretty good.   It will be interesting to see how big it gets, as you say we still got another month of veg and then the stretch period. I don't think I read nugget roasters grow, but I'll check it out for sure.  I've read other good things about the PM on GC, and the C99 is looking really strong.  I must say those Female seeds are impressing me.

Bugs have been terrible this year with all the rain.  I hit them with Sevin which will kill just about anything, but it does leave a white powder on the plants, and you can't use it during flowering.    I'm going to try to dust them again in the next couple of days and give them some more food.

20. Rain and more rain - just continuous rain with almost no stop.

Went out today to give the plants some more guano, ewc and humic acid, and try to trim back all the competing vegetation.

The last plant is the Sour Cream, after that is what I'm going to use to dry with - animal netting (assuming I get a harvest). 

I saw this at the the big box store and thought this could make great drying rack material.  It's cheap and you can double or triple layer it to decrease the hole spacing while keeping good air flow.  Hang across a few bent nails/hooks, and you could make cheap and easy drying racks.  I got 7' by 100' for less than $15.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]