Uncle Bennys Guerrilla 2013

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Uncle Benny, May 30, 2013.

1. would of been nice if my shit dident get flooded,were in a flash drought now..its been almost bone dry for like 2 months,buddy's plants shaped up real nice for being in small pot's,you probably been getting weather like wise to id imagine.

2. Today I harvested a bit more, but I did not have a lot of time.  I finished off the remaining buds from the Original Amnesia, and picked the last remaining buds from the Blue Dream.

I still have a lot of the Sour Cream and C99 to harvest - hopefully later this week.

The first picture is of some mushrooms, I think, that I saw growing in the trail.  Not sure if it is edible, but kinda interesting what grows out in the woods.

[​IMG]

Pictures of the Original Amnesia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remaining popcorn bud from the Blue Dream:

[​IMG]

Harvesting - I wrap ties around the branches to make hanging in the shed a snap:

[​IMG]

Original Amnesia
    [​IMG]

Blue Dream ready for drying
    [​IMG]

True, I got the heavy rains early in the season.  But, I plant higher up on a bit of a hill so the rain can't collect to kill the plants (planting higher also helps later in the season to prevent early frost.)

True too that till recently, we were experiencing a bit of a water dry spell throughout September and into October.  But to be honest, the plants didn't seem to mind the dry spell one bit.

Overall, I would say the weather was pretty darn nice compared to prior years.  It was a bit cooler, with regular rain during most of the growing season. 

4. mostly swamp land were im at most hill area's are in park property and the dirty birds will do fly overs on them so im s.o.l for the most part,glad ya had a good season.

5. Thanks Cochese.

Keep looking for that perfect grow spot, man.  I know finding a good grow spot is really tough, and sometimes you gotta take what nature gives you and try to improve upon it with a little ingenuity and hard work.  It may not be perfect, but don't give up the fight.

I got some ideas to improve the garden for next year. 

Well my harvesting is coming to a conclusion.  Today I did a final harvest of the Sour Cream along with a bit more of the C99.  I still have one more harvest of the C99, then site clean up work, and then I will be done this season. 

6. Nice show this year UB. Thanks. I harvested the last of my popcorn yesterday, pulled the stalks, stashed them in some dense brush. Today I'll go back and dump the soil in the pots in a ravine and cover it with leaves. Site clean up is really important part of a grow if you're coming back next year! GJs

7. Hey UB, how do ya like the Blue dream?....mine is a good high but man pure pinesol on the exhale and a lil harsh to boot.

8. #268 Uncle Benny, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    Just a final post to close out this journal.

Mr GG and Gelano thanks for all the support to a successful 2013 harvest, and hoping for a successful 2014 grow season for everyone.

Looking back at the 2013 journal, it started out very strange with an argument with Sarge, which was eventually mended.  It may be Cali/midwest thing, or maybe my writing read wrong.. Don't know.  Anyway, as I said many times, this is a hobby and I like to experiment and think up new ways of doing things and see what helps and what to avoid. 

People become fanatical about growing huge pumpkins, and I get a bit obsessed with trying to grow the best weed cheaply, semi-organically, and undetected.

Weather-wise the season was darn near perfect.  Good consistent rainfall early in the season followed by hotter and drier late summer into early fall.   I'm betting already that 2014 won't be so kind, and water may be an issue - either too much or too little.

I did clean up the grow site before the start of December.   The Blue Dream for me is decent, but the purple maroc was the best.  People are amazed by the smoke when they sample any of the plants, it is not harsh, potent, and long lasting.  The C99 was a bit of  a disappointment as the buds were a bit wispy, but all the plants were good, at least to me.

Forgot to add to my notes:
    I'm now more than a year without any prescriptions - almost 2 years.

Onwards...