Unbelievable odds...

Discussion in 'General' started by mushroomsatsuji, Jul 25, 2007.

1. So I just found out that one of my old friends dad was struck by lightning earlier today. They were camping in central Texas when it happened. Both my friend and his little brother were injured and in the hospital, but I dont know their condition. Unfortunately, their dad died. Thats all I really know at the moment...

2. Damn thats a freak accident. My condolences to that family man, I'll keep them in my prayers..

3. damn man, sorry to hear about that.

until I read someone died I was going to say something dumb like "SHOCKING".

I hope your friend & his bro are doing ok.

4. I'm in CenTX and the thunderstorms as of late have been ferocious... Most of our rivers and lakes are higher than they've been in decades.

5. my condolences. hope your friedn and his bro get better.

6. I hope the best for the family man, i really do. this really saddens me.

7. condolences and much love for your friends and their family. But hiding under a TREE during a thunderstorm? Cmon now...

8. Sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and his family.

MelT

9. Wow, what are the chances of that...

10. Odds of being struck by lightning: 576,000 to 1

Odds of being killed by lightning: 2,320,000 to 1

He was also the preacher at my old church before I moved. I was skeptical about religion before. Now I know that there is no god.

Sorry about your friend DankOne. Good to hear hes alright

11. I'm so sorry to hear that. My best wishes go out to the family :(

You two should be ashamed of yourselves... That's just out-right cold and disrespectful. Your posts have been brought to Admin attention and you'll likely end up banned for this... Just so you're not surprised when it happens...

12. same thing happened to one of my good friends on valentines day...he was standing on wet ground and the lightning struck a tree and it electrocuted him. this shit does suck a lot

13. As terrible as it is, I do have to ask why in the world they would take shelter under a tree during a thunderstorm?

Probably could have been prevented if they hadn't done that.

14. Some people think that the tree will take up the brunt of the lightning strike and deflect it from them.. this is not the case. You're better off lying down in a field or ditch and crawling to your car or house.

Grasscity Deals Near You