Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Unbearably bad taste from dry vaporizer

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by notna, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie in vaping and bought myself a G Pen Pro dry herb vaporizer. Grinded my herb and started vaping on the lowest temperature, following the how-to. There, for the first 2-3 takes there was a terrible taste, a mixture of burnt and maybe plastic, not quite sure as it was indescribable. Then, the next few hits barely produced anything, and that was it, my herb was fully burnt... session was done.

Please, tell me that I got something wrong, and that this is not what vaping is about.

A few notes:
    - I also ran the vaporizer empty and it had the same bad taste (although I cleaned the vaporizer thoroughly after my first horrific session). Then, for 2-3 times, I ran it empty again on maximal heat, thinking it might help remove the taste but it didn't.
    - My herb has been tested and approved for good taste (when smoked).

Wishing for some wise words! Thank you.

2. G-pens are terrible vapes man, i had one when they first came out it was good the first day i got it after that it clogged & burnt the weed i ended up throwing it away lol

3. sounds like the g-pen is a really cheaply made vape. that plasticy taste is probably off gassing from plastic to close to the heating element.

• Agree Agree x 1

4. They are cheap as shit man i picked mine up for £40 they usually retail at £60-£100 here in the UK depending which one you buy, & yeah the heating element is basically just a wire it turns red because of the heat after holding the button for 10 seconds.

5. Thank you for the reply. I requested for a return of the product, I think it was indeed a problem with the cheap materials.

I am planning on upgrading for a DaVinci IQ, what do you guys think? This one should be better as I understood.

• Like Like x 1

6. Look into the Magical Flight Launch Box I've only heard good things about them dude, they have a warranty that has a lifetime guraentee so if anything fucks up you'll get it replaced.

They cost £70-£150 here in the UK depending on which model you want

7. i have heard good things about the arizer solo. Arizer Solo i have only used the arizer extreme q desktop vape though. it's pretty good but definitely not portable. i know the davinci is pretty popular though i can't speak to it's quality. i have also heard good things about the magic flight launch box but also that it tends to be really hot and go through weed quickly. personally if i was buying a vape id probably consider the arizer solo.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've been using a g pen pro for months. Mine did not have any issues that I can recall with it tasting bad. Me and a buddy both got one, I like it on the green(medium) setting but he does blue(low). I would contact grenco science I'm sure they would send a new one. For $100 it should at least work properly.

9. arizer air....repaceable 18650 batteries ftw.