UN Call of the End of the Drug War

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Sok, May 25, 2011.

1. I signed it, unfortunately the UN is too busy focusing the majority of their resolutions on condemning Israel to worry about problems in other areas.

2. Even if this does get attention, and by a slim chance gets voted on and approved (highly unlikely), nations are still sovereign nations. It would be a nation-by-nation decision. This could move countries to abolish their laws, or set up new systems, but for most of us who live in America, this would do little more than adding to our agenda and rhetoric.

I can see it now. The day this resolution is passed, the president addresses the nation in a televised speech: "We are a proud, moral country. Although the UN has passed a resolution to end the war on drugs, we will not take the path set before us. Even though a majority of the countries in the world have already started talking about systems to put in place to regulate drugs, I believe it is our duty to protect our citizens from these dangerous, baby killing, junkie-maker chemicals. Drugs ARE bad, and we will continue to follow our policies. HOWEVER, since there are going to be nations that allow legal drug use to it's adult population, we will be increasing our funding to the DEA, FBI, CIA, and other Federal, State, and Local agencies ten fold to help combat the importation, manufacturing, distributing, and most importantly, the use of controlled substances outlined in the Controlled Substances Act and related amendments and acts passed by congress as well as regulations pushed through by bureaucratic agencies who should have no power over legislation, but surprisingly do.

Thank you, America. Together we can wipe out drug use by informing your local police department about any suspicious behavior. Remember. We ARE watching you."

And so ushers in a new police state.

3. lets hope that doesn't happen but it sounds familiar.

4. Signed! Spread this on any other drug forums you guys visit. I know there's already a thread about it on the Shroomery.

5. lolwut too bad the war ond drugs is an unwinable war.

6. Try telling our federal government that...

7. #12 LokieMcSmokie, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Cheers for the link dude, signed.

nice pic aswell S.A.S.... "Who Dares Smokes"

8. unfortunately no one has to listen to the UN if they don't want to

international law, gotta love that non-binding shit.

9. Signed.
    They're almost half way. I hope they make it!

10. 300K , gotta start somewhere and now its almost to the end!

11. God damn ,everyone is voting like every second! :laughing:

oh and i signed too XD

12. What's wrong with condemning Israel?

13. #20 Citadel, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
    Uhh well when you have a UN Human Rights Council that ignores the rest of the world's problems to focus on condemning Israel, when the situation there is laughable compared to the genocides across the world, then you have a problem.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhWgZu6tcZU"]YouTube - ‪Banned Speech: Hillel Neuer Takes on U.N. Human Rights Council‬‏[/ame]

The U.N at this point is laughable in terms of the power that they do have, and any of that little power is being used in the wrong places.