Ummmm....wtf Is This?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by silverose, Jun 15, 2013.

1. LITFA - Leave It The Fuck Alone. 

2. IMO, supercropping is better suited for growers who have a lot of plants packed closely together. If you are growing a few plants with some air room between them, LST is the way to go. While branch bending does provide increased light levels to the inside of the plant, IME they tend to grow back vertically and create shade again. LST allows for all the side branches to get more light, essentially becoming colas. It takes a little more training with bamboo sticks, but you can truly train growing colas towards the outside of the pot, keeping the inside colas exposed to the maximum amount of light, thereby increasing yield. How much overhead space do you have?

3. Basically how I've done mine by bending branches with string no need for any cutting or abrasive rubbing just get a piece of soft string (I used wool) and tie it down just lower than your canopy as when it straightens itself out it'll come level and you get a nice even spread across the top

Sent from my HTC Desire using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Well damn. Ok duly noted.

5. I'm running out of room actually...at a total of roughly 5 ft, I have about 2ish left

6. I've decided I'm going to attempt this in the morning with my main stem, the others I need to let recover

7. ..so I literally googled LITFA method and its exactly as you said :p I'm just wondering how you get yours to bush, or fill out?

8. yes it is hahaha i tried to tell you before!
    LST is my best friend, once my seedlings are about 5 inches i bend her all the way down and let her fill out the sides. works wonders. Now im not sure how to do it with cfls seeing as they are not as powerful as hid and have nowhere near the amount of pentration.. sorry /:

9. Are you starting your 12/12 light cycle for flowering yet? Plants can stretch 2-3X their height in flowering.

10. I'm going to try to lst her in like 5 mins.....

Yes, I started 12/12 on Sunday...at the time if this post it is Weds

11. We had some indoor plants that we vegged to long one time and they were growing to close to the lights in flowering and we were tying them down every way we could. It went from LST to straight up plant bondage. We had good size buds at the tops of the plants growing with in 10 inches of a 1000 watt HPS light.

12. plant bondage lol...yes I think I did right this time....I was wondering how it would do since I already started its flower schedule....I wish I wld have tried it before sc ing

13. Bittersweet....

.......day 6 of flowering...

...got one hermi....
    and one ABSOLUTE male.....sigh....

I'm going to try and salvage my hermi.... Haven't found any more balls yet...

But I'm really sorry about the male flower, as that one was growing so strong and vigorous....I really had all my hopes on that to be a great female....... It hurts my feelings to have to throw him away..

But it must be done.....

I think I already know the answer to this question...
    But is there a way to make a male plan turn female or hermi it?

Ohhh I did so good with that plant as it was the second 1 I planted
    .... It's my first 1 thats a hermi now...

Attached Files:

14. The first pic is of my hermi......

The second of the male that I will soon part with

15. No you cant make a male plant turn female or hermie. A female plant can hermie but a male will remain a male plant.

16. #76 waktoo, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013

Are you CERTAIN it's a male?  Seems six days in flowering is a little soon to tell.  Give it some more time.  It's not going to throw pollen for at least 2-3 weeks.  I've had plants throw out pre-flowers that I thought were male.  I waited.  They turned out to be ladies.

I came across this thread the other day.  Don't know if it'll work for your current issues (looks like it needs to be applied during veg'), but it may be worth looking into.

http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/1237590-dutch-master-reverse-questions.html

EDIT:  Sorry, I didn't look at the pictures before I posted.  Them's some balls, for sure!

17. Right. Big fat ones lol......oh well....thanks tho :)

18. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Seems like ya done stressed it out/:

19. Hermies can also be caused by unstable genetics from cross breeding.  

20. i know but from what i remember the plants were abused in supercropping and what not