Umm.. Deformed Weed Plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zero10951, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Ok so i dont know WHY but this plant just slowly started growing real small in one area of the stem... it has now progressed to THIS. I walked in one day to find my plant hanging over... I propped it up against the wall now... Its been like 2 days and the leaves continue to grow but the stem isnt really looking better so what can i do if anything?

SEE IMAGE
    [​IMG]

2. Thanks for all the help guys *coughh* Anyways I went ahead and taped a stick to the stem to get it upright. Can anyone offer any ideas why this happened or what i can change to help nget the stem growing thich in that weak spot? Maybe someone I could smear on it or hell i dont know.

3. You did the right thing by splinting it. Do you have a fan blowing on your plant?

4. No not ON my weed plant but i have an exhaust fan

5. Looks like some1 has squeezed it:smoke:

6. There you are :) No airflow directly on the plants leads to weak stems. You don't want your plant toppling over with budset, do you?

[edit]: And what temperatures are you at? Higher temps also make plants susceptible to the bends.

7. damn... why did it have to do that shit in the MIDDLE of the stem, below all the growthhow stupid. Ok well the stem looks like its getting worse.. I dont have any fan what so ever untill i can get to my dads house later today.

the diameter of the stem now at that one point is now about may be 3 milimeters and the stem above it is about a centimeter.

I pretty much think its going to die... But i will still try... so if that stem section just rots out and disconnects... I've heard of people using clippings to grow clones... is it possible i could shove that nice fat stem with the top of the plant into some dirt and have it grow new roots

8. Take multiple small clippings. That way you'll get maybe 2-5 clones instead of one big clipping that's going to suffer because it doesn't have a root system to feed such a big plant.