Ultram (Tramadol)

Discussion in 'General' started by AggieSmoker, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Have any of yall used these pills. They are supposed to be like vicodin but a little stronger, they are of opiate decent. I can get the 50mg pills in good supply for fairly cheap. How much do they usually sell for? Do they mix well with pot?

Jeff

2. I have a friend who gets pissed when the doctor prescribes them instead of the good stuff. He says that they're for shit. Of course, his pain pill tolerance is higher than the roof but he won't even get the script filled because he says it's a waste of money for him.

They may be cool for you though.

3. Ultram is mostly used for arthritis...anti inflammatory...has no narcotics in it whatsoever...:) but has acetaminophen and a hydrochloride filler which is maybe why it was mistaken to be close to vicodin...that is hydrocodone...tramadol is not a controlled substance. so u will not get a buzz but prolly screw ur liver up and have stomache problems if ya take too many...
    :smoke:

4. Here's an erowid link.

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/tramadol/tramadol.shtml

"Tramadol is a quasi-narcotic analgesic used in the treatment of moderate to severe pain. It is a synthetic analog of codeine, but both it and its active metabolite O-demethyl tramadol, have low binding affinity to the opiod receptors."

Here's another link.

http://www.orthomcneil.com/healthinfo/painmanagement/products/ultramfaq.html

"What is ULTRAM® and How Does It Work?
    ULTRAM is a prescription-only pain medicine intended for people who have moderate to moderately severe chronic pain. ULTRAM helps your body's system relieve pain in two important ways. Laboratory studies suggest that first, ULTRAM acts directly on parts of the brain and spinal cord to reduce the amount of pain. Second, it reduces the size of the pain signal passed from one nerve to another. ULTRAM works differently from an NSAID (which stands for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug and is pronounced "EN-sayd"), such as ibuprofen. ULTRAM is also different from other pain medications, such as codeine or morphine. While the mode of action of ULTRAM is not completely understood, laboratory studies suggest that at least two complementary mechanisms appear applicable: binding of parent and M1 metabolite to opioid receptors and weak inhibition of the re-uptake of norephinephrine and serotonin."

I recommend reading about it at both sites. It sounds good but I think that people who are used to the major stuff just don't benefit from it like those who aren't .

5. first time I did it I took 7 and it was one of the best rec. pill highs I've ever had, and I'm not really a pill newbie by any means. The rest of the times I've tried it, it didn't really do jack shit, so I don't know what the deal is with that

(yea yea old thread, so what?)

6. man what are you talking about "ultram" (not ultracet) has no tylonol in it at all... how are you gonna mess your liver up? arthritis? anti-inflammatory, no narcotics at all? what are you talking about. Go on erowids and look it up... you won't get a buzz? lemme give you a 200mg tab and tell me how you are feelin in about 25 minutes.
    jjng5