Ultra safe grow equipment?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by throwaway69420, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Hey guys, basically long story short I am looking for a LED light and fan + filter that claims to be more or less fireproof to some extent, similar to the way that some power strips are.

My biggest concern with my grow is not whether or not it will be 'found' persay, but the anxiety of not being home while so much equipment is running. It would ease my mind to know that the setup I'm running is engineered to work against that.

Thanks for any and all help and hope I don't come off as sounding ridiculous. I understand that anything can always happen and nothing is truly 'fireproof', but I'm hoping to get as close as possible.

2. I think the word your looking for is bullet proof equipment ..
    How many days away from home will you be ?

3. be weary of any product that makes its own claims as to the safety of the product.

what you want to look for is equipment that has been tested and certified by a third party.

look for ULC, UL, CSA, OTL on the product label

buy only from a reputable supplier

have any electrical modifications of your home done by a CERTIFIED electrician

stay safe, water below the waist, electricity above the waist

cheers

4. This was definitely very helpful, thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Don't forget to turn off the tv before you go. And it wouldn't hurt to empty the fridge and unplug it if you are going to be gone more than a few hours.

6. Extreme heat and sparks are the only two ways I know of that electricity can start fires.
    Modern name brand LEDs won't have sparks, but can get hot.
    If you verify with your hands that the LEDs aren't getting too hot, then you have nothing to worry about.
    My QB and COB LEDs have passive heat sinks, but I still blow fans on them to prevent heat buildups.

If fires were even a tiny concern, we'd see many postings about it, but we haven't.
    If a fire were to happen, it's more likely to happen in the wiring leading to the tent, not in the tent itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks this is another great point. I'll definitely keep this in mind.