Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ultimate Guide to Smoking In Your Dorm

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Safety Dancer, Nov 16, 2008.

1. personally i prefer just sticking the Vornado (fan) in the window and sealing all the open spots with towels. turn it on max and keep the piece there, no sploof or anything needed just blow your hits into the fan and everything will be fine

2. I tried the ghosting method for about 2 months twice a day and it really fucked up my lungs. i had shortness of breath and some bad smokers cough. its not reccomended for a permanent basis.

3. #63 Sonymon, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    finger works alot better

We have these dumb "health and safety checks." Once a month they go into the dorms and just look around. As long as you dont have your shit out in the open you'll be straight. Also remeber to unblock the vents and smoke detectors.

I hide about half and o' and a 33" bong so im pretty sure most places are straight.

Also they will generally let you know a few days before the health and safety check takes place that they are coming to perform the check within the next three to four days. I just hide my shit and smoke joints in the car a few days out the month.

:bongin:

Never ghost it it is bad for you. Holding it 2-3 seconds will give you most of the THC anyway

_WTF _______PEOPLE_____________________________________

Buddy-Breathing- If you are smoking with someone then this is by far the best technique. I'm sure you've all heard of shot gunning, and this is very similar, except this you can do heterosexually with anyone. All you need is an object with two holes in it. I prefer a hookah hose, or some clear rubber tubing (we have all kinds of random shit laying around the dorm that most people don't have). The hookah hose is also great because the smoke that comes out of it smells fruity. If you don't have something like this you can always cut a hole in the bottom of a water bottle and do it that way, just make sure your mouth can fit over the entire hole. Now basically you use this device to shot gun the smoke to your smoking buddy, but instead of he/she exhaling it they pass it back. You simply continue to pass it back and forth until all of the smoke has absorbed into both of your lungs. The great thing about this is not only does it not produce any smoke, it also gets everyone higher off of less weed.

Ghosting it- You might have heard the term ghosting it before, it has some other terms to describe it too, but those escape me right now. Basically, from what I understand, is that you simply hold the smoke in your lungs until it all absorbs and none comes out when you exhale. I don't know about everyone else, but no matter how long I hold the smoke it never seems to go away. If you are like me then no worries, because I've figured out how to get the same effect. All you do is take your hit, but only fill up about 1/2 to 3/4 of your lung capacity. Then after you take the hit, hold it in and use your remaining lung capacity to breathe. Just breathe in all the way then exhale a little and breathe back in. Don't exhale too much or smoke will come out. Through trial and error you can figure out about how long you need to hold it. Just exhale slowly and if a tiny bit of smoke comes out then breathe back in and continue holding. This way also gets you higher with less weed.

Ghost Bottle- Now if for some reason you are having trouble with ghosting it, I developed a tool to aid you. Actually, I discovered this before discovering how to ghost it. This way is similar to ghosting it, except I think it's a little easier on the lungs which can be beneficial for people who don't smoke regularly. Basically, you just cut a small hole in the side of the water bottle, but at the bottom. Then you blow your smoke in the top of it and when you see the bottle fill with smoke, or a little smoke comes out of the hole, immediately suck all the smoke back in. Then you just basically hyperventilate into the water bottle until the smoke is gone enough to satisfy you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are you fucking kidding me this idea just sounds retarded

4. seriously, you forgot to mention "burning scented oil"! no air freshener works as good as this. I swear that it's the best, you don't even have to stress about smoke in the room as much! I burned oil and my roommates had no clue until I told them, they just came in and were like "It smells good in here." Plus when I used to smoke in my room at my parent's house I'd burn oil, and there'd be no smell. I've never gotten caught, thanks to burning scented oil.

5. Everyone who smokes weed regularly should carry a pack of cigarettes with them, even if you don't smoke! Just have them with you at all times because you can always light one up and just blow the smoke around to hide the scent of weed. Also, the pack of cigarettes can clear up any questions why you have so many damn lighters on your person. And if you get caught in any suspicious area, you can just be like me and tell the police officer that you were just out to enjoy a nice peaceful cig.

6. heres what u do-
    1. Place a fan in or as close to the window as u can (facing out)
    2. Sit next to the window and when u take a hit from what ever ur gonna use, put out the embers in the bowl while continuing to inhale (u can use ur fingers, ligter etc to cover the bowl)
    3. When u have cleared all the smoke out of ur pipe, blow the smoke through a sploof (toilet paper roll with dryer sheets in it or anything else that would eliminate the smell) but aim it into the fan. This should suck all the smoke out the window and it shouldnt realy smell because of the sploof.

When ur all done make sure u spray lots of air freshiner to cover up any smell that didnt go out window.

7. I dunno about you guys, but i like to be comfy when i smoke. I personally think that it is a combination of things that diminish the odor of smoking. I have a small hepa air filter (comes with a small carbon filter in additon to the hepa). I'll usually have it next to wherever im smoking, and i'll blow into it. It gets rid of *most* of the odors, and nearly 100% of the smoke itself. a light spray of some glade/febreeze/*****SCENTED ESSENTIAL OILS***** do the rest of the work. Thats my .02

8. great job.

always pre-spray your room and even out ur door into the hallway, towel al lthe doors. we go in the bathroom, turn the shower on, open the cieling tiles, and s,okeaway, just spray every once and a while and you should be fine! be smart!

9. This is badass. I cant wait to use these tips when i go to college this fall.

10. last year I had no success smoking in my dorm no matter what I did. almost got kicked off campus. transferred schools and now this year I blaze in my room every day any time of day and nothing happens. gotta love no one giving a shit about smoking weed.

11. + Rep dude, I'm going to college soon, this well help!

12. I'm a freshman and just got back from Spring break and just started smoking in my building for the first time all year. Usually I wait til I'm at a party or until I'm back home to smoke because I don't want to risk getting caught at school.

But recently I've really had to urge to smoke so this is what I do:

I live in a dorm where you share a bathroom with two other people as well as your actual roomate...in my case it is only one person in the adjacent dorm and that happens to be the RA. And my window is not able to be opened so smoking in my room isn't really an option.

I live on the third floor of a 13 story building. What I figured was the people on floors 11,12,13 are always going to be taking the elevator up and down. I mean unless they REALLY enjoy taking the stairs, they are visiting someone on another floor close by, or it is a firedrill, no one is gonna be in the stairwell that high up.

So I go up there to floor 13 with my bowl. And take about two hits then start walking down. Take a few hits at floor 12...etc. Usually the bowl is beat after 6-8 solid hits and by that time on on like floor 9 and all my exhaled smoke is above me. I venture down back to my 3rd floor pretty quickly after that and spray a little axe on while I'm descending.

I feel like the only thing going against me is someone will start to smell the smoke on a consistent basis and then wait for the source of the smell (ME) to light up and then I'd be screwed. But so far so good. Any thoughts?

13. i just toke in the stall with the giant exhaust fan above the toilet in our halls shared bathroom. perfect for wake and bakes bc i can just walk into the bathroom, smoke a bowl and theres NO smell whatsoever. check out the attachment below (i think) i included a pic....

Attached Files:

14. woah, that seems like a really good plan :)

15. Holy Shit nice post!

Big ups for the detailed descriptions:hello::hello::hello:

16. So I happen to be an RA and I get high in my room everynight (say what you will lol) and here is my plan.

1. Know your dorm's schedule, if they are anything like mine they have set times in which the staff walks through the hall to check things out
    2. Know your rights and what staff can/cannot search
    3. save your money and buy a vape, my iolite is the BEST investment ive made in a long time
    4. tape the seal of your door(s), and use a towel on the carpet
    5. pre-spray your room with febreeze
    6. pack your bowl preferably in another room such as the bathroom (if you do not have community rr's)
    7. brew coffee/pop popcorn
    8. crack/open a window
    ***I do this absolutely everynight and people in the next room dont even know. If you follow most of this (mainly get a vape) you should be foolproof mostly

17. Anyone ever tried using a one hitter and blowing all the smoke into a balloon?

18. Damn. Back when I first went to college the hallway of my dorm was foggy with smoke, and the RA joined in. How times change.

EDIT: Seriously too. My roomie and I used to keep a bunch of pre rolled joints that we gave out to each and every visitor and passerby who wanted one. He had this huge Buddha statue, and where the hands were clasped palm up on the Buddha's lap we would pile up the joints. :smoking:

19. I don't think I've seen this anywhere on the thread yet but the way I've found to be most efficient is by using a gravity bong (not a waterfall). All you need is a pitcher, a two liter with the bottom cut off, and a socket piece that packs like .1, We set this on top of our ac unit which is against the wall the windows at. pack up the cap (but not too much because then some smoke will come up off the gb cap. hold lighter to the buds and slowly pull up the bottle while watching the water on the inside and outside of the bottle. remove cap carefully and hit the gravity bong which practically forces all the smoke into your lungs. Ghost it or try your hardest to and blow anything left out the fan you should have in the window pointing out. This leaves almost NO smell at all, people who dont smoke usually cant even smell it. If you still want to use air freshener, my favorite thing to use is buy the glade scented oil refills but just remove the cap from the oil, turn your fan around so its now blowing into your room, and just put a few drops onto the fan and you're entire room will smell fantastic! Rinse and Repeat. Gravity Bongs also get me the highest with the smallest amount of weed and I've smoked outta just about everything

20. I just smoke a hit at a time and i hold it in so long i don't exhale any smoke and then i exhale through an article of clothing just to be safe. You can also exhale into scented water if you wanna smoke in a bathroom or something...