Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ULTIMATE GUIDE To Feeling Weird or Still high several days/weeks/months later

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HazedHead, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Like literally his post made no sense.. Yes everyone's body is different but what he said just does not happen.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Yep you got me. I spent 2 and a half hours typing non stop my story NOT to help people I'm my situation, but to tell a lie for no apparent reason! Darn!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lol yea I did "get u" dumbfuck. Ur title says ultimate guide to feeling weird days weeks blahblahblah. Then u go on about smoking and how your feelings corresponds with your childhood...???? Don't make a cool title with a lame ass story that has nothing to do with it. All I'm saying

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. This is what I got for depersonalization: 

As for that being said, it's likely a side effect of anxiety so pay attention to the cures that will help remove and eradicate this effect.

Supplements
    GABA - A supplement that is essential in regulating anxiety. GABA, in this supplement form, does not readily cross the blood brain barrier (BBB) in lower doses, however it indirectly calms you down (the exact mechanism is yet to be elucidated, but as the name suggest it might be involved in regulation of the inhibitory transmitter GABA). Majority of our brain has an inhibitory role not a productive one, when there is lack of inhibition anxiety and/or other symptoms often arise as a result of information overload. 500mg once or twice a day should be enough (morning/evening before sleep). This dose can be exceeded, but in such cases it may have paradoxical effects and work against you by increasing anxiety. So take only once a day! 

Lecithin - Not only does it reduce the frequency and severity of migraines, but it also helps you to achieve an overall calm state of mind. I found it to be outstanding in reducing panic attacks which many people report along with depersonalization. The cholinergic system is involved in memory and learning among other sympathetic and parasympathetic responses. Therefore lecithin, being a precursor to acetylcholine, will positively address cognitive impairments such as brain fog. Take daily anywhere from 1200mg to as much as feels comfortable.

Piracetam- Another nootropic from the racetam family that improves cognition. It acts as a positive allosteric modulator of the NMDA glutamate receptor, which proved essential in learning and memory. Dissociative drugs such as Ketamine are NMDA antagonist placing them opposite to piracetam and since depersonalization is a form of dissociation it might prove to be helpful. 1.2g - 12g is a typical dose range. Efficiency varies among individuals so you will have to find the right dose for you. Combines well with Aniracetam, Lecithin, AlphaGPC, Centrophenoxine because they work in synergy.

L-Theanine - Extract from green tea that evokes a focused state of relaxation without making you tired or overly stimulated. Along with its nootropic properties it is also a worthy mood-enhancer. 400-800mg daily should do the job nicely.

Lifestyle changes
     Drink water! - Drinking a lot of water and mainly substituting sweet drinks with water will help you with a bunch of bodily processes such as clearing you of waste substances or aiding in blood circulation. Drinking water has proven to help reduce the severity of anxiety attacks and therefore many psychologist/psychiatrist will advise you to do so. Dehydration often results in migraines and dizziness, not something that will ameliorate anxiety symptoms. Avoiding sugary drinks prevents possible complications arising from excess carbohydrate consumption such as mood swings.

Exercise! - Exercising daily will help you achieve a better attitude, improve your health and distract you from all the anxious thoughts going through your head. Exercising proved to be as efficient as adding a secondary anti-depressant to a treatment. Furthermore aerobic exercise promotes neuronal growth and so compensates for the neurotoxicity induced by chronic depression/anxiety arising from increased cortisol levels (hypercortisolemia).

Occupy yourself - Don't think about your anxiety/depersonalization, don't try to analyze every possible trigger of your anxiety, and don't analyze your thoughts all the time, but rather keep yourself occupied with something you like to do. Even if you don't feel like doing anything try to be forcible with it. Swing in focus will keep you at a safe distance from anxious thoughts and will help you slip into doing something pleasing and productive, which is essential to any recovery.

Rest your mind - Meditation allows you to empty your mind and relax your body. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Give yourself enough rest, because when you rest your mind rests as well. Not only does meditation meliorate many symptoms common to, albeit not limited to, anxiety such as limited focus and alertness, but it has even proven to elicit morphological changes in the brain by facilitating the thickening of gray matter, a brain region associated with intelligence. Meditation is therefore a must try practice.

Also if you want to help shut down the over-analyzing part that will increase this effect, smoke Indica! Indica has the component of CBD (Cannabidiol) which is less specialized in the cerebral and more focused on the body, therefore giving body highs and less head highs. These are more likely to be found in "Kush-type strains" even though some Kush strains may be Sativas and most strains are crossed, they're mostly likely to be found in Indicas. 

Hoped I helped! 

5. How the hell can you call this the "ULTIMATE GUIDE"? I've skimmed it and it seems to be purely anecdotal/subjective. 

6. The main thing I agree with about the OP, is that my gut tells me the more regularly you get high (or do any drug for that matter), it starts to create a "dichotomy" between how you function when you're high and when you're sober. Basically, you function differently in both states.  This can be a problem for people who struggle with anxiety and other mental illness I think, because if you develop the habit of getting high often, then when you come down from your high it makes it harder to adjust, accept, and be comfortable with reality.

You start to come down, sober reality starts to set in and you become irritable and uncomfortable with it.  So you get high again.  

Maybe it's just me over-analyzing things, but I feel like getting high, having caffeine or alcohol for myself at least, makes it harder to be comfortable with sober reality.. and increases anxiety and creates other issues.

7. It's not that I feel like hating on the post its just like..he felt like being cool so he made that title And then just started typing about stuff and got lost or something and completely changed the subject. And turned it into a sob story and discussion about mental illnesses and how the drugs affects the brain and shit...? Ain't nobody in here got time fo dat!

9. Hello I have been experiencing the same thing for 2 weeks...... Will this go away and what is the longest time it could take? It is scaring me

10. #50 mikin1234, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
    I found this topic because I went through something similar. Going on 3 full days of the effects though they've gradually gotten lighter and I expect it to be gone by tomorrow mid-afternoon.

I had an edible on the eastcoast that caused this problem. (I throw the location in incase this is an isolated problem)

I'm seriously wondering if this kind of thing just happens or if there was something "Extra" thrown in.

Took about an hour and a half to kick in. I started off laughing joking, a little paranoia but I know how to control that, and some drowsiness. Went to sleep woke up still didn't feel normal. Throughout the week I continued to feel stoned like not there, I could almost fall asleep driving, and I felt like I was laughing way too hard at things not funny. Not super-stoned uncontrollable laughter but I knew it wasn't a natural euphoric laughter / smile.

11. I get the feeling this guy experienced one of the rare cases of genuinely laced bud. I just don't think cannabis could do that

12. I got this same feeling and so did my brother, and one of my friends. Its really hard to get rid of because the hole time you have it you just want to smoke all the time, which as described in the passage, makes it better temporarily, but worse in the long run, a difficult loop to break indeed. My sincerest good luck to anyone going through this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. i have regular panic attakcs (not related to weed) and normally after a big panic attack i will get the same feelings described by OP. I described it at the time as "a dream world" nothing felt real and it was probably the worst experience of my life. I was walking and just remember feeling dizzy and like i was about to pass out (i had been on a drip for 2 days and drunk plenty of water and have no other illnesses). I genuinely think that this was what OP was on about, the weed shouldnt keep you high for weeks.

14. It's called depersonalization, which I have and I tried to stop smoking for 2-4 months and it made it go away on and off so I started smoking a lot more and now I've learned to deal with it and I continue to smoke as I realize it puts me back In an amazing normal state with great relaxation, positive energy, confidence, and a fun loving person state to be around.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. you didnt read the whole post did you...
    He specifically recognized that this isnt dp/dr syndrome.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well I'm stating mine here incase others have

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. fair enough

18. Hey, just found this thread:  Bit of weird one from me - I used to smoke a fair bit about ten years ago, but almost nothing since.  When in the USA 3 years ago I had a few edibles in Colorado and they were great, a day or two of a nice high then back to normal.

However, I'm 5 days back from Amsterdam where I ate a spacecake and, man, I'm still totally woozy.  I'm really forgetful and still have that stoned-out feeling, you know where you're moving around and kinda forget you were just somewhere else... 

I'm able to do my job ok, but I don't feel 'baseline'.  I'm wondering  if this happened because I was on a pretty strict diet and this was a full spacecake - I used to be a lot heavier and I think I might have had a full blown overdose / reaction.

Any thoughts guys?

19. Hi, I think I'm going through the exact same thing as you. I've only smoked a few times and each time it gave me an intense feeling of not being real, like I was in a dream ~ kinda like derealisation i guess. It freaked me out the first time but it had stopped by the next day so I was fine with it. The same thing happened the next time I smoked and the next time but I got used to it and kinda just enjoyed it. But last weekend I smoked on Friday and then again on Saturday night and the feeling didn't stop the next day and since Saturday this feeling still hasn't stopped (its the next Friday). Its not as intense as it was when I was actually high but its freaking me out because its been nearly a week since I last smoked. ANYWAYS your post really helped and I figured it must be the same thing but then you said you think its because you were on creatine!! I don't take creatine!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG] Do you think it could still be the same thing? Also did you get this feeling while you were actually high or just after?
    ~ But thanks so much your post has really helped me[​IMG] I just hope it was the same thing even though I'm not on creatine haha ~

20. I'm having the exact same experience and it's been about 2 weeks now. I'm hoping this is not permanent.