Ultimate grow room advice!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KalL, Mar 7, 2012.

1. #1 KalL, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
    Hey guys. I'm starting up a 8'x11'x8' grow room that should be up and running in 1-2 weeks. It'll be hooked up to an over sized CO2 generator, so that'll make it hit 1500ppm quickly so the humidity won't explode. I will have 2-1000 watt HPS lights. One option I have is, should I make the grow room two floors? Will it be detrimental or beneficial adding twice the cubic feet, but only half the light (Though the recommended area for a 1000w HPS is 8'x8' and supplemental is 12'x12', so I suppose it wouldn't be too bad). I am most focused on yield, speed of growth, and quality, more than anything else (simplicity, dummy proof, blah blah). I could also add other lights if deemed necessary.
    The grow system will be Aeroponic. I have all the way up to a 10,000 gph pump if necessary, and will use misters. I have heard 100% true Aeroponic systems produce the highest yields, even more so then DWC/Bubbleponics. Is this true? Any insight, and how would one make a Real Aeroponic system. I am having a hard time finding what a true Aeropinic system looks like, and how to build one.
    Thanks guys, Kal.

2. Bump^^^^^^

3. Lol the recommended area for a 1000w hps is 8x8 my ass. You should have 3k-4k watts in just one of those rooms.

4. #4 galaxygenetics, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    Kal,

If you've never experienced aeroponics I wouldn't suggest it to a beginner. I would go with something way easier like soil. If you're really hyped on doing a dro garden then run ebb & flow there's a lot more room for error with a table and a resivor instead of a true aeroponic setup. Don't get me wrong I love aeroponics but honestly you sound pretty clueless and you're going to run into major issues like PH fluctuation which happens pretty often whenever you're running hydro especially aeroponics. Also if your sprayers go down your crop goes down. Just out of curiosity why pick aeroponics which is probably one of if not thee most advanced style of hydroponic gardening? Like I said think simple and soil is simple or 'dummy proof'. You'll just need to get your plants into a table and you could either hand water a.k.a. drain to waste or set up a top feeder system like a drip irrigation which is pretty simple or just run an ebb & flow like I suggested earlier. Either way if you've never ran aeroponics before and this is your first grow definitely take it easy, start off lightly, and keep it simple.;)

5. #5 KalL, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
    Didn't come from me, it was the standard on many charts I read.
    I have LOTS of experience with pumps, filtration, and other things along that nature (really into aquariums and what not), and some gardening. I chose Aero because of all the research I've done, it seems do produce the highest quality and quantity of yields. I am at home most of the time so I can watch over them almost all the time. I am also up for an aero/bubble system, but again I'd rather do what ever produces the most yield.
    Also, I have been reading fog works even better than misters, I admit I don't have much experience with foggers. Could I use a fogger like this?? http://www.amazon.com/Eliminator-Lighting-Fog-Machines-700/dp/B0006FL8PK/ref=pd_cp_MI_1 Or is that not the right kind? Obviously I would run a pre filter so debris wouldn't clog the fogger or misters.

6. how much experience do you have with growing MJ tho...
    aero is NOT the choice for first time growers, dont care what ANYONE tells you.

7. I will have everything monitored, full complete grow room controller, temp/humidity monitors, ph checker and control kit, CO2 gen & reg. Along with being home most of the time, I think it'll be fine. The only thing I see that could be a bit of trouble is ph & guess work with nutrients. As far as the actual set up, I highly doubt it will be unreliable in the slightest, as I don't intend it to be ghetto rigged lol.

8. Haha ok fine I'll get 4 1000w lights :D

9. Can you use net pots for true Aeroponics, or no? Do you have to use the neoprene disks??