Ultimate begginer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hippie203cet, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Could I do research first? Yes
    Problem? I dont know where to start my research there's just so much information.

Couple starter questions:

How much $$ is needed to begin?

I have an attic crawl space is this just way to small?
    Indoors tools?

Am I better to use my backyard for a couple plants? Does season matter?
    Outdoor tools?

I'd like to cultivate for personal use only
    How many plants will I need? (ie I smoke around a quarter a week)

Where does one get seeds?

2. [quote name='"hippie203cet"']Could I do research first? Yes
    Problem? I dont know where to start my research there's just so much information.

Couple starter questions:

How much $$ is needed to begin?

I have an attic crawl space is this just way to small?
    Indoors tools?

Am I better to use my backyard for a couple plants? Does season matter?
    Outdoor tools?

I'd like to cultivate for personal use only
    How many plants will I need? (ie I smoke around a quarter a week)

Where does one get seeds?[/quote]

The stickies at the top are a great place to start. If you read those you will learn a lot of the basics.

Cost depends on how much you want to grow. Grows can run anywhere from $20 to $1000s.

How do we know the demensions of your actic? Small is a comparative term, measurements would be better.

Indoor tools would include lights, pots, medium, nutrients, fans, filters, enclosures, trimmers, power strips, and probably a few other things.

Depends on your back yard, legality if your grow, and other factors.

Yes season matters, if you will notice things don't grow as well in the winter, for the most part.

Pots, medium, nutrients, trimmers, and probably a few other things.

1/4 oz per week is 1oz a month. Your average grow will take three to four months. In order to be self sufficient you need to harvest about 1/4 lb per harvest, and that is if you want to grow continually. You can do this and much more if you want to dedicate the time, space and money. For example, my last grow harvested 14oz dry. If you did something like that, you would only need one grow per year to support yourself.

Decide those things, read the stickies, then ask specific questions and we can better help you to achieve your goal.

This is a fun hobby, enjoy.

3. Thanks!!!

I'm on the mobile GC forum API don't see stickies will go on my pc and check it out

Dimensions of my attic space are about 3ft tall and 20ft longg so I wasn't sure that's big enough

My backyard is very large and in ultimate suburbia we have a vacant house next to us and it's filled with just crap so that where our yards meet its kinda hidden

When would a good month to begin, I live in new york.

More questions to come

4. Yeah read the stickies, that is where i have learned almost everything i know! Seeds are actually fairly easy to get. You can literally order them over the internet, yea it seems sketchy but it works, i have done it and so have thousands of others. For what website to use it is kinda preference i geuss i dont know any specific websites that are better than others, im sure people on here do tho. if you do decide to use ur attic look into strains that will not be that big. pot is a very hearty plant and if given the right environment will get big! One thing you may want to look into is if you want to grow hydro or organic, both are great ways to go about. I am currently hydro and its my first time and i love it. Feel free to check out my grow journal u may be able to learn from it, i learn alot from reading other peoples grow journals it allows you to see see what works and what doesnt with out having to experience it yourself, learn from others mistakes so u dont do it yourself.

5. [quote name='"hippie203cet"']

Thanks!!!

I'm on the mobile GC forum API don't see stickies will go on my pc and check it out

Dimensions of my attic space are about 3ft tall and 20ft longg so I wasn't sure that's big enough

My backyard is very large and in ultimate suburbia we have a vacant house next to us and it's filled with just crap so that where our yards meet its kinda hidden

When would a good month to begin, I live in new york.

More questions to come[/quote]

On the app, the page that shows all the post in a sub forum has a tab up top that says stickies. I use the app almost exclusively.

That is enough space for small or lst'd plants, but space will be a major limitation. Heat can also be a major problem with attic grows.

The backyard you have to decide for your self. Outdoor plants can get quite large, and given wind direction could possibly be smelled several houses away. This can alert cops, or rippers. There is a lot of marijuana grown indoors and out in my area, and it can be smelled quite well during summer if you pass by the right locations.

Whenever you are sure the last frost has passed is the time to start outdoor. I live much further south, and ours is around the first week of may. Google will be able to tell you better for your area.

Indoor can obviously be done year around.

6. attitude seed bank always has a %10 off code, if you type 420 in the discount box. there are also monthly promotions, and you can even get regular instead of femmed seed if you want to DIY seeding plants