UK/South Yorkshire situation?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by elbombel, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Hello! Sorry in advance as this thread may not be the best match for this subforum... really can't find proper category.

Anyway. I'm going to move to Doncaster soon... Return in fact. Used to live there for 2 years, then I left due to homesick depression mostly. But my home country is some kind of Kafka/pythonesque (bahh... long story). Always felt some bound to English culture, even before my emigration. I think I can match, assimilate, I'd love my children to be proud Britons... blah blah, getting to the point!

I had an impression that UK is liberal on cannabis and I was looking forward to my move until I did some research.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzTRcx8r_-k]DONCASTER DRUG BUST AT INTERCHANGE. - YouTube[/ame]

(know this bus station very well, in fact it was built and started to run when I was there)

Judge

So, my question is : how do you deal with cannabis in every day life? After all I'm very, very far from saying I'm local guy or something so I just don't know the rules. I'm "SEASONED TOKER" (somehow, when I was living in Donny before I quit, just got 1 bag for 10 quid once, something like the eight probably). I do not imagine my life w/o a puff once a while. Also I don't imagine my life outside S. Yorkshire but dunno the "procedures", unwritten rules...

So I'm asking about the risk factor and some simple "know how" dealing with ganja.

- Would you carry it around town centre?
    - Wtf is with the dog searching and where apart the interchange can I expect it?
    - Is it fine to carry some spare spliff around in your wallet?

You know, just some tips from goodwill people to a person who never went to Primary School etc. (so I don't know any people, don't know any unwritten rules that most of local people just *sense* are there). Just like I know all DO/FFSDONOT around my native place. What the police/other forces can or can't do and what they're up to.

Friends from London still think UK is liberal and the *forces* are after the hard drugs but after those bits of research I'm just terrified.

Not asking WHERE and HOW to get it as I'm confident I'll find out when its proper time. :)
    Cheers and a promised pint or some juicy tokes for friendly people who will spill some beans for me. :) See you!

2. Yeah you'll be fine. Fortunately for you, Doncaster isn't the most well behaved areas of the midlands therefore cannabis isn't top priority at the moment. You get cannabis cautions now and after 3 of these you go to court. Obviously if you're suspected dealing its straight to court, just don't be stupid.

3. Hey there, I come from scunthorpe and have been to doncaster alot with friends etc. I would asume doncaster and scunthorpe would have teh same sort of outlook from authorities as we're pretty close to each other.

Just like memorazi pointed out, we usually get cautions. I have (touch wood) never been caught but know a few people that have and they say the same. Youve obviously got to be careful but if you dont look as if you are selling you should be good.

In reply to your questions:

- Would you carry it around town centre? If I was confident in my ability to mask the smell then yes, I would absolutely do this. I also like a smoke in my dinner break between working.

- Wtf is with the dog searching and where apart the interchange can I expect it? As I currently do not live in doncaster I really cant say, I also cant say I have ever had the misfortune to witness any police dog searches.

- Is it fine to carry some spare spliff around in your wallet? Much like around the town centre, I would make sure the smell was masked. This would also depend where you would be going.

Unfortunatly, for us (that enjoy a smoke for whatever reason) alot of people still have a opposed mind set to the use of cannabis and are ill-informed to its benefits and the small amount of risk involved with its usage. But we shall walk this road and eventually we will be free of prejudice and stereotype :)

One Love

4. #4 AdamSheva, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
    Proud to be British? Please, I'm british and am In no way proud. This place is a mess. I live rather close to Donny.

Edit: I carry cannabis ALL the time in my man bag. On trains, buses, around the busy town center . . if you don't look sketch, chances are you'll never be searched.

5. Dude, all countries are a mess right now. You should still be proud of who you are and your heritage. England is a beautiful country with some lovely people. My fiancee happens to be one of them. Even Hull where she is from is lovely even though people in the UK seem to put it down.

6. Generally the only time I saw the dogs out was in the big central london stations (Euston, King's Cross etc). Personally, I didn't used to have any on me when I went near a station; just never seemed worth the risk.

Having said that, I used to end up having it in a pocket, cigarette packet or a tobacco tin. As AdamSheva said, just try not to look like you're doing anything wrong, and you shouldn't get searched.

7. Every country has issues. Every political scene drives local citizens crazy...
    I can rant on and on about Polish every day crap but who cares? Not even me anymore, tickets booked, hoorray! ;)

Thanks everybody for replies. I'm aware this thread might look naive or, kinda, provocative? Well it was genuine. When you grow up in some place you just feel what to do etc and I miss this part of experience, don't want to get into trouble! Cheers for replies. :)