Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Uk Slang Terms For Amounts Of Weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ls2014, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Thats what I was thinking, because some people say "8th" but they just mean £20 of weed, I didn't want to ask for an 8th and end up having to pay £30 when I only had 20 on me which which is why I asked for a 20 bag. The problem is that calling it that got him paranoid so I need to know the slang term for £20 worth of weed lol

2. ah i see, well here we don't have a slang for a 20 bag

- just 2 10s or 2 tingers, maybe tinger would help i dunno if thats used anywhere else but i dunno sorry :)

3. The chances of being caught are pretty slim but I understand where you are coming from, constant thought that the police are gonna knock down your door at any time. Fortunately the laws are pretty lax on small time grows.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4. Tell your dealer that you would like twenty pounds of his finest marijuana, say it like you are wearing a monicle and a top hat.

5. Why is it called an 8th over there?

6. Because back in the gold old days when you asked for a eighth you got 3.5 grams.

7. Originally people sold actual 8th for £20, but then they started taking out more and more over the years and now people are just used to buying "8th" that only have 2g in them. The word 8th is also used to describe a 20 bag now and people just accept the fact that they only get 2g. It really sucks over here when it comes to weed, americans have it soo much better.

8. You guys have ripoffs for dealers?

9. I see.  Thats a ripoff hardcore.  

10. #30 Airf0nz0, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    My question is how is it that nobody every questioned the weight to continue calling it an 1/8th?  

In a couple years is your eighth going to be 1 gram? 

11. Guess the dealers didn't get the memo.

12. No  i'm sure the dealers knew what was happening.

13. Yeah they did, they were paying more for the ounce therefore they have to sell for more.

Couple of years ago it was £130 for the ounce, today you would struggle to get a ounce for under £200 unless you know people.

14. Well the amounts decreased but the slang stayed the same I guess, I don't think anyone can be bothered to change it now since they are so used to it now.

15. England needs a revolution.

16. We aren't very good with revolutions, last time we were involved in one we lost a large chunk of land.

17. Meh, america is so far up its own ass.  But still, an eighth is 3.5 grams is 1/8 an ounce its common mathematics.   Its why its called an 8th.  One dealer could change Europe.  Is that dealer YOU?

18. There are certain dealers that actually sell an 8th when you ask for one which is why I'm looking for a different slang term for a 20 bag. I don't want to ask for an 8th and end up having to pay £30.

19. Is a dime bag a dime?

20. What part of London are you from? If you are from East just tell them you want a score.