Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Uk Slang Terms For Amounts Of Weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ls2014, Jul 14, 2014.

1. #1 ls2014, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    So I just got cut off by my local dealer and apparently it was because I asked him for a 20 bag without being discreet.
    What are the terms used here in the UK for amounts?
    I know the american terms but they are not the same, "nickles" & "dimes" don't exist here, I know a 20 bag in the US is called a dub but I'm not sure what it would be here because 20 pounds worth of weed would be an 8th.
    What would the slang term for an 8th be in the UK or £20 worth?

2. Where I'm from we call £20 worth of weed a score. Depends where you're from really different regions will have different slang for it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

3. I live in London, when I talk to friends about weed we usually refer to it by quantities like an 8th, but asking this dealer for an 8th probably would have got me cut off anyway because he seems paranoid.

4. Yeah calling it an 8th is fine. Your guy sounds sketchy, find a better supplier or grow your own

5. I say ol chap, bloody good show. I have it in a Lorry out back. Just ask the prats and chavs.

6. 1gram- 10 bag, tinger, a 10, 

an eight is 3.5grams but for some reason here in the UK everyone calls 2grams an eight and it's very confusing!

for example I ask for an eight, im standing there with 30 quid expecting 3.5 grams but i get 2 grams instead :/

i'd like to know how and when people started calling 2 grams eights here. 

7. You pay £30 for 2 grams? Ouch.

8. #8 ls2014, Jul 14, 2014
    So should asking for an 8th be alright? A lot of dealers around London are paranoid and that last guy cut me off for saying "20 bag" over the phone...

9. Yeah asking for an 8th is fine or You could Skype your supplier and use morse code lol. I think the police have better things to do then bugging a small time dealers phone.

10. Yeah I doubt they would bug him but the problem is that he was paranoid. The next guy I find probably will be too because that's how they are in London. When I refereed to weed as "food" he kept talking but when I said "20 bag" thats when he cut the phone.

11. #11 UK_T0ker, Jul 14, 2014
    lol no i was expecting 3.5grams for 30 quid (an actual eighth) 

obvously the dealer was doing it for 20 quid for 2grams like everywhere. :)

im sure no one in the uk pays any more than 10 quid a gram otherwise you're right 'ouch' indeed :)

-but anyway surely if you want 2 grams then it's a 20 bag
    -if u want 3.5 grams then its an 1/8th

but if u want an actual 8th just ask how much for 3.5, don't mention drugs or weed. whenever i ask over the phone i'll say "u got a 10?" "how much for 3,5?" no weed in the question so it could be about anything really

12. Yeah I live in London as well but I don't remember dealers being overly paranoid, maybe stop trying to find dealers on a estate at 2 in the morning lol.

Thats a bullshit excuse not to sell to you but this is an awesome thread for lingusity. 

14. Oh right, got ya. £20 for 2 grams is taking the biscuit but I guess these dealers are paying £200 for a ounce and need to make money somehow.

15. #15 UK_T0ker, Jul 14, 2014
    i dont know any dealers that sell at 2am haha they are normal people who sleep at night :p

I don't live in london or in a big city so i guess it's a little bit different down here in the south, no dealer has ever been paranoid like that to me over the phone

in reply:
    really? how much do you pay for 2grams? 

i can get 3.5grams (half a quarter) for 30 pounds usually 25 pounds if its not so good of a strain 

16. Is it true all UK dealers sell short of the appropriate weight?

17. #17 UK_T0ker, Jul 14, 2014
    not at all 

- most of the time it's dead on 1gram, sometimes 1.1 
    very rarely has it been below 0.9, 0.9 is the lowest i've ever got and that was time ago.

-sometimes they are sneaky and put in phat stalks in to add up weight which is a bit cheeky!

18. I grow my own mate but I used to pay 20 for 2.5.
    Yeah I've had dealers sell me a .7 for a tenner, small time dealers are being priced out.

19. Dealers are dealers, business is business WORLDWIDE

20. yea thats a fair deal, pretty sound that you grow your own, I want to try it out but i'm way too sketched out about it. i dunno if i could handle the pressure of having a plant growing in my house for weeks on end :/