UK PC Grow build log

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by RouxJr, Jan 14, 2014.

1. [quote name="Frackyboom" post="19424253" timestamp="1390947549"]looks great man! My first set-up was a pc, had loads of fun, think i managed 15gs, ive now moved up to a draw unit :smoke: Hope it goes well, i'll help out where i can[/quote]Thanks dude, I'm sure I'll need help along the way! Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. Hey mate how's it going? You seen what your temps are like with the carbon filter attached? Mine skyrocketed but you have a slightly bigger area and less watts so should probably be alright!

3. [quote name="Ukukangu" post="19442730" timestamp="1391198098"]Hey mate how's it going? You seen what your temps are like with the carbon filter attached? Mine skyrocketed but you have a slightly bigger area and less watts so should probably be alright![/quote]I've not built my carbon filter yet. Will do soon. My bulbs should arrive Monday/Tuesday so will hopefully plant the seed this week. The filter can come after that. Can't wait to get started! Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Ah cool, yeah won't be needing the filter for a while anyway, just for the stinky flowering bit!

5. I've been doing some temperature testing since last night, has stayed around 22*C the whole time dipped to 21*C.
    Are these temps OK?
    Humidity was 38 - 42.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. Perhaps on the lower end of the spectrum but definitely alright. Think optimal is temps are between 20-30C

7. I'm working on a couple of light leaks, once I've fixed that and added the pot and compost and once the plant gets in there I'm sure it'll heat up a bit more.

8. Oh and the carbon filter, not made it yet, but that will restrict the exhaust a bit and warm things up too.

9. #29 Ukukangu, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    Yeah definitely, think you'll be right in the optimal temps with carbon filter on. What are you doing for the cf?

10. Not sure yet, be interested to see yours if you've finished it?

11. #31 Ukukangu, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    Yeah I forgot to take pictures though could probably draw something up quick but still don't know if it's going to work. Taking off light trap and putting this on has actually reduced my temps to like 26C. Although just posted in my journal, plants not looking so good atm

12. I'm a bit concerned about what my lights of temperature may be during flowering. The temperature in the room is currently 13*C with no heating on, which is what it would be during 12hrs of lights off. How is best to resolve this?
    I think I may have to move the PC case into a cupboard and use a tube heater during lights off.
    Should this work? Can you program the temperature of them? Built in thermostat or an additional purchase?

I'd like to keep it at a stable 23*C would that be possible with a basic tube heater?

13. The ambient temperature will have warmed up a bit here in the UK by the time I get to the flowering stage, but probably only to 15*C

14. Sorry for the lack of updates and delayed start. I'm making sure I'm happy with my full set up before starting, which has included where I'll be keeping the PC case whilst growing. Whilst also waiting for the temperatures to warm up here in the UK.
    It's fine for vegging right now as the lights are on the whole time keeping it warm. But when it comes to flowering with 12/12 it'll be too cold to not have a heater on during lights off. So I've had to move the case into a cupboard and will have to somehow heat it when required. Still figuring this out.

15. I just want to get started!

16. hey man :) good going on the grow box :) i am in the uk aswel and i have recently started a little seedling  :smoking: cant wait, currently waiting for it to sprout