UK loft grow advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Russellsweed, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Hello all.

I made a topic about a week ago asking for advice with a cupboard/wardrobe grow.
    Now I have decided to grow in the loft due to it being out of the way and zero chance of being noticed.

Anyway - Today I have been busy picking up rolls of loft insulation (For free!!) but it wont be enough to cover the whole roof area (The floor is already done) 

So my questions are;

1. Do I need to insulate THE WHOLE roof (Both sides) or could I get away with one side or even just directly around my grow box?

2. My grow box design is around 4 foot in height due to the beams. Is this high enough for Northern Lights to grow if I use a scrogging method? Or shall I find an alternative so I can grow taller. I would prefer bushy plants rather than tall ones.

3. My grow box design is about 4ft wide, 4ft high and 4ft deep. It will be made using a 2x1" frame which is reinforced throughout so it wont be as weak as it sounds! Would it be okay to build it using plasterboard or could the lamp burn it etc? I'll be using a 400w hps.

Sorry for the questions - I just cannot wait to get it all set up and running.
    Thanks in advance everyone, I'm about to have a nice relaxing smoke now. I live in the UK by the way so bear in mind the random temperatures we get here.

2. Yes u need to insulate roof. Use jablite sheets 50mm will do. The loft will get 10-20 deg c higher up there without it. I'm running 400w with a total of 2000w worth of fans and can't manage heat when it's over 20 outside! I have to turn lighting down to 250w glad I've a dimmable ballast

Attached Files:

3. Mines plasterboard too!