UK internet censorship discussion

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TeHNeutral, Jul 27, 2013.

1. #1 TeHNeutral, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    https://www.openrightsgroup.org/blog/2013/sleepwalking-into-censorship

Thoughts on this currently evolving fascist government?

It's about more than having your jollies sorted, as you can see they're giving a lot more than just wank fodder a hiding.

You people are obviously up on your game, I've had some good discussions here, so what are your thoughts?

2. It will be very, very difficult to completely censor the internet from those who want to view the content mentioned. The internet is ever growing and where one site goes down ten more similar sites pop up. I honestly would prefer they tried to implement those kind of measures. Because anyone with some understanding of networking will be able to bypass these restrictions and then cash out on the idiots. I think this law is intended mostly for the stupider people among us, and the rest shouldnt really be affected.

That being said, its not really censorship since you have a choice to untick those boxes. But I would imagine if you unticked the boxes your name goes on a watchlist for suspected illegal activity etc. and it therefore acts as a shortlist to find criminals easier. If that is the case it is a good government asset. Unless of course everyone just unticks the boxes because they want to be free to view anything.

This thread doesn't seem to fit the posting guide-lines for this section.