uk growing on balcony

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ukwonder, Jan 14, 2009.

1. hi pepole im growing a couple of plants the are indoors on my window sill at the moment and will put outside on my balcony. bacony is south east facing strains are big bang + purple#1 outdoor feminized will these strains bud ok as im in london with light polution ect how tall will they grow and what type of yeild sould i get and ant other advice would be apprecated thank 4 reading bye

2. You may struggle with these plants, 1 because of weather conditions. Snow is still coming in the near future!
    2 because of light pollution, feminized seeds are prone to becoming hermi so light pollution wont be doing them any good!
    And 3 if this is your first grow they are hard enough strains as it is, Without taking into account all of these.

I wish you good luck, but i wouldn't bet on a huge harvest if any.

3. #3 Mr. Stinky, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    agree except with #2.... ALL MJ seeds are prone to "hermi". thats part of the plants genetics. good fem's are bred from stock that show a very high resistance to "intersexual expression", so fem seeds from a good breeder are far less prone to hermi than the average. fem seeds from a crap breeder will be much more prone, but this is far from the norm. commercially available feminized seeds are much less likely to hermie overall than regular male/female seeds.

dont plant outside when its snowing:p good tip:hello:

4. Don´t agree with that - MJ evolved for millions of years under a bright moon. My girls have been growing on my roof within 50´ of a streetlight since 2002. I have never had a hermie.
    But the UK climate is so dire, I agree that the chance of a good yield is slim. Viva España!!

5. My advice, get a bit of research done.

The computer and internet you used to make this post are great tools for finding out information. Also, if its say a tower block balcony that is higher up, light pollution MAY not be so much of a problem but dont count on it. Only you could judge how much of an effect it will have.

Also, you cant plant those seeds till around april time and they wont begin flowering until like august/september. You want to be trying more indica dominant strains that till finish nice and early or a hybird strain that also has early flowering.. Some early strains from breeders such as nirvana claim to have VERY early flowering cycles.

D.
    :smoke:

6. #6 Corto Malteze, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    Window sill grows are problematic as the lights in the house/flat will disturb their light cyle (even a light bulb (use low lights) or the TV if it's close lol. They'll make fluffy buds if they don't freeze outside. Because the light cycle isn't right (days getting longer - flowering happens 5 weeks after the days start getting shorter (June 21 -Aug 1).
    If you place them in a greenhouse now on your balcony (!), they may start flowering alone in late Spring and finish in June if I'm correct (I never tried this) but the buds won't be too :hello:.
    Whether P#1 or BB, a larger pot and a long veg period will give you a HUGE tree if it has min. 5-6 (+) hours of direct sun.
    I would wait, get an early strain, start over in Spring under fluos or on the balcony for veg. , and on the balcony with small 3 gallon pots and LST for flowering.

Good luck.:D

7. ok thanks for the replys