UK growing in a rented house - Landlord inspections?

Discussion in 'Security' started by SqueezedTheTing1, Apr 21, 2020.

1. #1 SqueezedTheTing1, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Hello guys, I've been living in my current house for a good few years, probably about 4-5, I've never seen anyone do an inspection but apparently inspections are done once a year (edit: oops , i live with a parent, i shud probs ask about inspections), I've grown in it before (in 2017 and 2018), had no problems, I was still in school back then and didn't even care about anything, but I'm more paranoid now and probably moving out soon, I've read that the landlord does an inspection typically once a year but it could be more frequent.

If anyone here rents a property and grows in the UK, could you give some advice please? :)
    do they inspect each and every room? how thorough are the inspections? I'm sure a landlord walking into a bedroom and finding a grow tent would know what's up. Are there any ways around this?

2. If your parent doesn't know, then you'll have to be on top form with how you question if the landlord does inspections, so that you don't look suspicious.

But with regards to inspections, it depends on the landlord. I've seen everything from ones that don't even bother to ones that go in every room.

What you need to do is find out when they carry out the inspection and time your grow immediately after it. You will also want to take care for other visits such as gas safety checks and always have a pack away plan in case if emergencies in the house (water leaks, radiators needing fixing, fires, etc).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app