Uk cannabis consumers unite

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by addlestoner, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Well in light of the large ammounts of progress the americans been making across the pond through vigourous campaigning to change the publics attitude. I think us in the Uk need to ramp up the campaigning, We have got a lot of people on the political side but no one on the streets and in the towns!

What im hoping we can do in this thread is discuss ideas and try to form a general consesnus on a set of facts that we can back up with science. So im happy to promote the benefit in the fact it helps alot of people with cancer eat and also deal with the pain, but regardless of my own beliefs i dont think we should start of by saying things like it cures cancer.

Then i am hoping someone with photoshop skills will pop up and design some leaflets, which i will happily invest in printing and distributing if the volunteers are there.
    Then i want to organise groups of volunteers to distribute the leaflet but we will need to adhere to the agreed facts and co ordinate our campaigning.

I know this is only a small start but i want to get the ball rolling, im going to post this on a couple of sites and hopefully in the end we can come together and take the town centres by storm.

but as the first rule i say if you need/want to consume cannabis while campaigning carry a pack of gum and some deodarant to cover the smell, Because even though i see nothing wrong in cannabis and i personally love the smell i do feel it is unfair to force the smell upon others who may not enjoy it, something i wish ciggerete smokers would consider more.
    Also it would help if you mentioned in your post wether you reside in the uk or not.

2. Build and others will follow... good idea for sure. The sad thing is we don't get to vote/refendum on such social issues in the UK, hell we don't get to vote on any real issue at that.

As for social awareness, more local activism/lobbying is exactly what is needed. Continuous letters to your local MP is a good start. A point to focus on is definitely the medical side, a few testimonies of MS patients/Cancer patients etc who actively use Cannabis for medical reasons would be the best start in regards to substance within any leaflets.

Good luck bro, and keep top golfing (the assumption your from addlestone,lol):D

3. "What im hoping we can do in this thread is discuss ideas and try to form a general consesnus on a set of facts that we can back up with science. So im happy to promote the benefit in the fact it helps alot of people with cancer eat and also deal with the pain, but regardless of my own beliefs i dont think we should start of by saying things like it cures cancer."

Hi kids! I am your new best friend! :D You want "science"? I got SCIENCE! I collect MMJ and cannabinoid studies and news articles. For the small (and getting "old") 2010 version of what I do, just click that first link in my sig!

For the 840 page, up-to-date, 2012 version, you have to send me an email. See the bottom of my sig. The List is free and comes as a PDF attachment - real easy to forward to friends.

And YOU don't have to say things like "Cannabis cures cancer", it is being said openly in the news! :eek: (This is too recent to be in the 2012 List, but will be in the 2013 List)

Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis (news - 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis - Yahoo! News India[/FONT]

"When they exposed cells from this cancer to cannabidiol they were shocked to find the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but also returned to a healthy normal state."

No killing the cancer, cannabidiol (CBD) heals the cells! And what happens if your cancer is not one of the ID-1 types? CBD is still very useful. Cancers are greedy, they force your body to make new blood vessels (angiogenesis) to feed them so they can grow even faster! So what does CBD do?

Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms.
    (abst – 2012) Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple... [Br J Pharmacol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

(URLs with "ncbi" are from PubMed- as legit as you can get!)

And here is another favorite of mine from WebMD. (In the US, Aricept is a major anti-Alzheimer's drug).

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease.

The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious! We just have to get the facts to the people! :yay:

Granny :wave:

4. I just PMd you about leaflet printing mate.

I am willing to help as much as possible, but I am also on the verge of starting my own project, maybe we could swap tactics, discuss ideas?

Thanks nomoredoubts.

5. Granny i was hoping you would be on board your list is properly the best mmj resource on the net!

Scooby, yep i love top golf :).

No more doubts, well i think this will be more like alot of different projects up and down the country using the internet to communicate succesful ideas.

So onto more discussion, Another thing i was thinking is we should alternate between campaigning medical and recreational rather than campaign it together,

6. I cant send you a PM for some reason, what kind of leaflets do you want designed and printed? send me your email please.