UK Authorities inside Ecuador embassy right now threatening to arrest Assange

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The-Doctor, Aug 16, 2012.

1. It's disturbing but it's not shocking in the slightest, I really fucking hate this country. They've overplayed their hand here though, all this for the extradition of a suspected rapist to a different country? They've made their intentions in the whole affair as clear as glass now.

2. Apparently the Ecuadorian foreign minister tried to get Swedish authorities to agree that they would not send Assange to the US if he was extradited to them -- Sweden refused.

3. Indeed, Ecuador also offered Swedish prosecutors the opportunity to interrogate Assange within the Embassy, but they also refused that.

4. I'm actually fine with him being extradited to Sweden (although one has to wonder whether the allegations of rape are true at all). That being said, I have much sympathy for him if he is sent to the U.S. (where I live), because they will without a doubt give him hell. Take that as you wish.

5. Well yeah, that's the problem. Like I said, they would agree to extradite Assange to Sweden as long as they promised not to send him to the US from there, Sweden disagreed and so Assange's safety is in jeopardy if he goes there.

But yeah. I don't think he's getting all of this fuss just because of a rape charge that hasn't got much to back itself up. Clearly the motives here are driven by politics rather than justice.

6. [quote name='"gwardmonger316"']Damn, history happening. Is this potential war starting material?[/quote]

This is going to be part of the kindling that starts a world.wide revolution whcih will.probly start in the unites states.

I'm.surprised it hasn't started yet. Its as if people don't know ndaa was passed.

Americans can now be arrested by their military without trial evidence or due process. Anyone who says something anti government could literally disappeared from the world. They would be a terrorist and not get a trial.

Remember back in USSR when people would just dissapear? Welcome to the supreme Soviet states of amerika!

7. It actually sounds like a pretty scary place to live at the moment and your civil rights seem to be diminishing on a regular basis. Not to mention the TSA which is basically an authoritarian's wet dream come true.

Best wishes to you folks in the US.

8. If a world wide revolution is in the making, I'd say it started in the Middle East.

9. Good to know my Government is putting in their two cents on this matter :rolleyes:

Most people here know exactly what's going on and why it's happening. There will be a complete upheaval if the embassy is overthrown and he's forcibly sent to Sweden, let alone getting sent to the U.S. which would ultimately happen.

10. I heard Assange has a good chance of getting voted in as an Australian senator in the next 15 months, is that true?

11. [quote name='"Johnny Cash"']

If a world wide revolution is in the making, I'd say it started in the Middle East.[/quote]

Idk the middle east is pretty much in an eternal war. Its been that way for over a thousand years.

Though it may have started because of the middle east. The us government has made it quite clear what's their motives are.

Take.over the world so that the rich can live free

12. #32 Johnny Cash, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    True. But so are the the United States. Not for thousands of years, but since its foundation and before that in the form of the British empire. The Western meddling in Middle Eastern politics is not appreciated by a large portion of the Middle Eastern population, as well as a large portion of the Western population. I do believe this meddling holds back the advancement of Middle Eastern countries and when politics are holding back advancement, people get angry and that's when revolutions happen.

Lots of Middle Eastern countries have overthrown their leaders recently or are in the process of doing so. If these revolutions are succesful in terms of who gets elected afterwards, these countries would be less vulnerable to Western domination. This in turn could weaken Western governments who have built a system based on economical and military domination, making them more vulnerable to revolutions. To make matters even worse for governments world wide, people like Julian Assange and Bradley Manning exist who chip away at their code of silence known as classification. Transparency and widespread efficient communication available to the public are deadly to governments that practice back-room politics.

13. Never heard of anything like that before... he'd probably get the votes but wouldn't get in if you catch my meaning.

14. I do, popular votes don't mean shit...same here in the USA, no matter how many citizens vote for a candidate, some elite group appoints whom they want to sit in the puppets seat.:cool:

15. That's what happens when you have a two-party system like the US and Australia do.

16. [quote name='"Johnny Cash"']

That's what happens when you have a two-party system like the US and Australia do.[/quote]

Actually the 2 parry system was created by the corperate elite.

17. This doesn't contradict what I said and is also true. Two parties are much easier to control than 10 parties.

18. #38 TheAtmansPath, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Any news on the sitch? I skipped page two so maybe its there.

What happened? Still a threat? still a standoff?

edit: Went and researched it, posted this rant on facebook
    some guy complained that facebook shouldn't be used for politics.

19. Just a reminder Great Britain is still controlled by the USA and the corporate elite and its a multi party state. People will not be free until they embrace liberty and not handouts.

20. Of course it shouldn't be used for politics. It should be used to follow everyone's "relationship statuses", to bitch about other people in a passive-aggressive manner and post "deep" quotes stolen from song lyrics! ;)

US war on whistleblowers must end - Assange

Note: I'm using Russia Today because the BBC seem to be fairly biased against Assange in their reports, which is... disappointing, but not surprising.