Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Uhm, not sure if this is safe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stoner63, May 27, 2011.

1. I found this wooden pipe in my yard today. The pipe's stem is plastic and it's movable so you can take it off. There is this dude that is friends with my mom and lives around my town. Every time he comes over for a cookout or something he is always smoking some pipe tobbaco. I figure it has to have been his. Can I still use this bowl? And if so, how would I go about cleaning it.

2. you can use it as a bowl, definitely take the stem off though if it's plastic. also i don't know much about cleaning it but if you needed to i would guess q-tips would work pretty well

3. Yeah I'm probly gonna clean it out soon. It has a deep bowl so it will come in handy one day.

4. I would not use it, but if your gonna use pipe cleaners.. :D

5. Any Ideas?

6. You should return it to the man, and for a reward, request he take you to your LHS and purchase a 10 dollar spoon pipe.

7. I already have a spoon pipe. And another glass one. I was hoping too change it up, but it could be gross so I'm not so sure.

8. is it a corncob pipe?

you can smoke out of it. those are really hard to clean, the best thing to do would to try to chisel it with a pocket knife nail filer then smoke shit out of it

9. Yeah. I was JUST thinking about cleaning my corncob pipe and that's what I was gonna do. Just cut the top layer off or so. That shit is nastyyyy.

10. Yes, in fact it is. Should I use water to wash it out? or would it cause mold or something?

11. I'd stick to the spoon. That's just me though.

12. Nah. It won't readily absorb the water well at all like that. Just make sure you dry it and leave it out to dry to be safe.

When you hit, and you start to get to the bottom, don't overburn it. Make sure you're actually burning the weed. If you miss and not notice, you can burn the pipe and end up smoking it, I think, LOL. I feel like it's happened to me since that's what I smoke out of on the regular.

13. So I should only submerge it in water for a short period of time and make sure it's mostly dry inside when I put it away for storage?

14. I am an experienced pipe smoker.

The best way to clean a old briar pipe is this:

1. Pack the bowl full of kosher salt\
    2. Then use a dropper or just really carefully, place isopropyl alcohol in the bowl. Be careful not to get any alcohol on the outside of the bowl as it will strip the wax and stain.
    3.Let sit for about 12 hours while the salt absorbs alot of gross junk.
    4. Empty bowl
    5. Repeat first 4 steps a couple times until the salt and alcohol mixture is coming out fairly clean.

This will work really well to "sweeten" the pipe as we say.

Another note: The stem is plastic or a very hard rubber in a majority of this type of pipe. It is this material on purpose and absolutely is not a problem smoking with.

Also please dont dip the pipe in water....

15. Thanks! :smoke: I have never had a wooden pipe so I'm kinda excited.

16. I'd say try cleaning it with some alcohol. Not sure if it'd eat away at wood or not but yeah it's worth a try.

17. You are welcome man! I love smoking my collection of wooden pipes. Good times

Enjoy it!

18. Yeah I wouldn't fucks with that if I were you...

But I'm not so GL if you do use it :smoke: