uhhhhhh blood

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Teal, Feb 15, 2010.

1. so im like high right now and i never realised i could type with my eyes closed but i can i guess but I was scratching myself without any pain or anything i didnt evem really notice i was scratching my self but then i noticed I scratched so much i was bleeding alot is this bad

2. What? Dod you like cut yourself? or like rip a scab off?

3. This belong in this forum. I'll report it so a moderator can move it for you.

Where did you scratch yourself? How deep is it and how much blood is there? Tightly wrap a shirt or hand towel around it; the tighter, the better.

4. #4 Teal, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    well i made a cut on my arm its like a half a centimeter long and like half that deep and it bleed alot at first but nows its all like "dab me every 30 seconds" oh and 30 seconds to mars is a sick band lol imma listen to them

yeaahh [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncLF9zQUUcw"]YouTube- 30 Seconds To Mars - ATTACK[/ame]

5. #5 k_semler, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    To a certain point. If you create a tourniquet, you risk pooling up blood, (lack of circulation), and killing off living muscle tissue which necessitates an amputation of the dead limb/tissue. Also, cotton material will absorb blood and delay clotting. This will result in even more bleeding. A tourniquet is only advised in an absolute emergency, (such as loss of limb). Also, unless it really is an amputation, a proper tourniquet still has 2 fingers worth of slack underneath the constriction bandage, and you still need to apply pressure to it while you are en-route to the hospital.

Apply pressure with your hands. If you can't stop the bleeding with nothing more then pressure, call 911.

EDIT: You could also cauterize the wound, but I'm not going to get into that here.

6. I was just saying that as a temporary fix. I figured if he/she was typing in two threads at once then it wasn't that bad and it is a centimeter long so I don't think a hand cloth will hurt by killing off muscle. Your method is probably still more effective but might not be needed for this person.

7. I never reccomended to do a tourniquet. As a matter of fact, if you read my post, I highly reccomend against it unless absolutly nessecary.

A 1cm long x .5cm deep wound can be stopped from bleeding with nothing more then pressure from the uninjured hand. After bleeding has stopped, sterilize the area, put a sterile pad over the wound, and wrap it snugly, (but allowing room to breath), with sterile cloth.

Or you could use a large waterproof band-aid, (after you stop the bleeding).