Uhh, is this type of foam normal, compost tea

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Tulvar, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Just wondering if this is normal, smells kind of sweet but pundgent, the bubbles are coloured almost like soap bubbles has me confused lol any input is appreciated as always!

Attached Files:

2. because honestly all I can find is things about soap bubbles being rainbow I can't find many pics of people's compost tea bubbles lol, "They're called eddies, technically, and they're an optical phenomenon generated by Marangoni Effect. This refers to the tendency of molecules to move from areas of low surface tension to high surface tension. When you see colors swirling on a soap bubble, it's actually molecules called surfactants rushing around and rearranging themselves. The idea is to send reinforcements to parts of the bubble that are getting too thinned out."

3. Didn't you like the replies you got in your other thread about the same thing?

• Like Like x 1
  4. What's your ph?

5. No this is for just a tea i brewed was just wondering if these bubbles were normal. Always thought rainbow ones = soap or some kind of detergent was jw

6. Dont really ph my teas, but it was around 4.5-5

7. Also can't seem to find this anywhere, is there a specific pH range I should be looking out for now after adding Bennie's I'm running 5.5 but I'm reading anything under 6 they begin to die off? Is this true? If that's the case would it be fine say 6.2 6.3? Thanks for all the help!